Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kitty kitty... RRRR
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

I envy all of you who live near a racetrack!!!

It's the first time since 4 years ago, I took my bike to a set of twisties today.
There is a small part of some road with 3 really good curves, and most sportbike riders come there to practice from time to time (remember, there's no track here, and we wake up at 6:30 on a day off to ride there before the cars come in masses). People ride these curves forth and back.

Well, it's the closest to racetrack experience that I have now. How I wish they'd build a normal one somewhere in the country.. I'd visit it once a month and stay for a day.

Anyway, the results - no more chicken strips on the left side, 2mm left on the right side (there was a great curve, going up it was lefthand and really comfortable, going down it was righthand and very bad - the turn suddenly tightened after 3/4 of a curve, ran wide a couple of times there). A shaved shoe (kept it in a regular position until one curve I felt it touch down, scared the hell out of me, and the next time it was way backwards on a peg). A whole lot of adrenaline.

I wish there were at least more places like that...

·
Can i bum $1
883 Posts
I know what you're talking about with the shoe touch. It happened to me once on my way to the gym. I wasn't expecting it at all. I about lost control.

·
Kitty kitty... RRRR
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
martinc said:
haaaaa...tightening radius curves...my personal favorites!
It's not a regular tightening radius curve, it's much worse.

I don't know how do they build the roads here (and intersections, too), but imagine two arcs, even of the same radius, that are connected in an angle - it's like the line in a curve suddenly breaks. Pity I can't draw it here.

I had a "nice" experience with a couple of such turns.. It seemed like they were built from two directions, and connected carelessly. It's way worse than tightening radius, because even when you lean it over more, you still can't fit in the bend.

·
I need more money.
3,022 Posts
Hey jack whats up dude?

was it Sdom-Arad or at the Gilboa road?

any way, good to see you here. dont do stupid things like other do here around us in Israel. these guys taking way too much risks at public roads. You can see those memorials on the sides of the road. (arad)

Well, you can come to Eilat. we got nice roads here too. you know, no traffic, no police, great asphault. (The Road from Eilat to mizpe Ramon.

yinnon.

·
Kitty kitty... RRRR
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi! :)

Finally we have a good weather for spirited riding...
It was Ness Harim road, the starting curves from Beit-Shemesh area into the mountain road. 8am we were already there and 9:30am we left, up the hill for the morning coffee and went home, since cars noticed the weather and woke up early too.

Sdom-Arad is one mean place to ride... In Ness Harim, even if you drop, unless you found a car and ran in front of it, you leave with "normal" damage. But there are only 2-3 good curves there to practice, and one of them is very mean.

I'm all into studies for a month - "Moadei B" started now, and after this month, I'm showing my face in Eilat. Maybe even earlier - my sister comes to visit in the mid-March, maybe we'll go to Eilat if she'll want to. Hopefully the weather will be nice, and we'll have a good ride :)

Will.
BTW - Thanks :) :lol

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,864 Posts
You gotta watch the toes. I took my yzf600 to the track and ended up wearing a hole through my toe sliders and sidi boots...

- BA

·
Kitty kitty... RRRR
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bpa00 said:
You gotta watch the toes. I took my yzf600 to the track and ended up wearing a hole through my toe sliders and sidi boots...

- BA
Didn't think that I'll be able to lay my bike that low, to start worrying about where the shoes are... It came as a total surprise - I just felt the boot touching the road.

Wearing a hole through the sliders is very impressive! Did I mention I envy you guys with racetracks around them? :p

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,864 Posts
Not such a great thing... Big feet + low pegs = ruined $200+ boots :(

- BA

1 - 11 of 11 Posts