Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather finally broke in Northern CA this weekend for me to get the new R1 out on the road and try her out. Very impressive! The bike handled awesome, sounds good even with the stock pipes and the engine was unreal...On my 98 the way I would roll on the throttle, the bike would just accelerate on out of the corner and with the new bike it broke the rear end loose a couple of times. the power is just awesome....More to follow.....

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Sounds good, do tell more when you can :hellobye

·
Kid Trapped in Adults Body
1,078 Posts
Yeah, you and me both brother!!! One of the guys from the shop rode the 04 on Saturday and he said it was just unbelievable. So much power!!!

·
Anyone see a Honda I'm hungry
749 Posts
LarzR1 said:
Yeah, you and me both brother!!! One of the guys from the shop rode the 04 on Saturday and he said it was just unbelievable. So much power!!!
Some friends and I rode a mountain rode Sunday (7 miles with no side streets) and lots of good sweepers both ways . I rode his '03 R6 and he my R1 for about 4 passes . He would tote the frt wheel out of turns and once he just kept it up and rode it down about 100 yards to the next turn ...looked awesome from my perspective ...which was trying to keep up :bow

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Daaaayyyyyyymmm!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts