Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TODAY I TESTED THE SLIPPER CLUTCH (STM) first immpresions are fantastic you can bomb up to corners hammering down the gears and it proved imposible tp lock up the rear !!! though take up is not quiet as smooth as standard but a great bit of kit JOB SORTED :jump :jump :jump :beer

· uk decay
369 Posts
Cool and the gang!
I will be interested to see what difference it'll make to your lap times, I suppose if it gives you more confidence it can only improve them. Did you have a habit of locking up the rear, or did you just want to be able to carry more revs into a turn?
(Watch you don't highside on the way out).

· Banned
31,992 Posts
chuckh said:
TODAY I TESTED THE SLIPPER CLUTCH (STM) first immpresions are fantastic you can bomb up to corners hammering down the gears and it proved imposible tp lock up the rear !!! though take up is not quiet as smooth as standard but a great bit of kit JOB SORTED :jump :jump :jump :beer
welcome to the slipper club!:sneaky wait till you start outbraking 600's into corners, wish i could see the look on their faces.:scared :lol

· MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PJM yes mate i have a habit of locking up the rear part due due to the fact i brake very late (PFM/BREMBO/MAXTON FORKS) and take the weight of the rear tyre its just the way i ride!!!
BLUR 1 perhaps i will have to mount a rear facing camera????

RON i am attending TI"S anonimous for the addiction!!!

· MY R1 ATE THE BANK!
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
VAHKAN who is a member on here can supply at the right money or try PDQ (uk):beer :beer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.