Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn if I didn't do my first real standup wheelie today...

Been practising lightly bouncing it up in second, but could only get it a little off the ground before it fell...

But today I woke up with big balls (my only explanation for why this happened today)...second gear, stood up, bounced down hard, pulled up hard, nailed the throttle, and stand up wheelied for about four hundred meters...repeated twenty or thirty times hahahaha....

Now I have REALLY sore arms and shoulders...but damn if it wasn't the BEST feeling...:riding

·
2 wheels are better than 4.
1,548 Posts
Congrats dude. Welcome to the real addiction - No Really :D .

When you get comfy with the stand-ups try them with your right knee on the seat. Much easier to bring and keep up - the bike moves around a little more but its all good :yesnod .

·
1,548 Posts
CatMostFeared said:
Cool I cant wait to do that.:rock
Was it pretty standable.Did you think you were going to go over all the way.:thumbup
I feel more comfy doing them with one knee in the seat :yesnod . I probably do 30 of these to every 1 two feet on the pegs stand-ups, mainly due to still having stock rearsets. You will have to adjust to the swaying that the bike tends to do when you ride them like this :D . Just keep the power on and all will be just fine. My friends tell me that I bring it higher when I ride like this, I can tell but it makes me feel more in control - smooth :cool: .

By the way, when you try this you will no longer have to bounce. All you have to do once the knee is in the seat is chop the throttle between 5-6k on the tach.

·
Vrooom
1,531 Posts
I tried that today, acutally, cuz I'v seen someone do it and I thought what the heck, why not give it a try. So i choped the throttle, and it started commin up akward, leaning to the right it seemed?... maybe its just me....?

·
1,548 Posts
Whoopazz1 said:
I tried that today, acutally, cuz I'v seen someone do it and I thought what the heck, why not give it a try. So i choped the throttle, and it started commin up akward, leaning to the right it seemed?... maybe its just me....?
Keep in mind when you are putting one knee on the seat you still have to remember to keep your body centered over the bike and not put more of your weight on the foot that remains on the foot peg. It will feel a little strange at first but after about 10-12 attempts you will be wondering why you have not tried it sooner :fact .

Keep trying but try not to get too frustrated.

·
Wheelie Junkie!
7,686 Posts
It's a beautiful thing!!:riding

1 - 9 of 9 Posts