Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in Europe and the championship is called ROSBK (Romanian Superbike). :D

If you guys think it would be better to post somewhere else, I will do it, but I thought it's OK here. Just let me know.

The bike has new wheel bearings (all balls), fresh fluids, powercommander with custom built map, race clipons , race levers, 520 chain, pbm/talon sprockets, race fairings, race seat, high temp brake fluid, race pads (CL), iridium sparkplugs, MIVV exhaust, new clutch and K&N air filter.

I feel the need of a quick shifter and a pair of race footpegs but for the moment I manage without them.

·
Track time :flex:
14,730 Posts
I'm in Europe and the championship is called ROSBK (Romanian Superbike). :D

If you guys think it would be better to post somewhere else, I will do it, but I thought it's OK here. Just let me know.

The bike has new wheel bearings (all balls), fresh fluids, powercommander with custom built map, race clipons , race levers, 520 chain, pbm/talon sprockets, race fairings, race seat, high temp brake fluid, race pads (CL), iridium sparkplugs, MIVV exhaust, new clutch and K&N air filter.

I feel the need of a quick shifter and a pair of race footpegs but for the moment I manage without them.

Its just that it would had gotten more attention from other racers instead of most trackday riders, this section is more dedicated to those who have never been on the track before, thats all. Either way well try and help you as much as we can :thumbup

·
Track time :flex:
14,730 Posts
Yes, you are right.

Thank you very much for your help guys.

I will post in that section too, get help from both sections :D

:thumbup

·
14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,287 Posts
As far as I know... It's to prevent glass, plastic, etc. from getting on the track in the case of an accident... Not to mention the fact that if you are on the track you shouldn't be looking anywhere other than ahead of you.

·
R1 Forum Star
16,200 Posts
Can anyone please elaborate on why do I have to remove my mirrors on track days?
Most org make you tape mirrors, you don't have to remove them. as lex said it is to prevent glass from getting on the track in case of a crash AND if you have the mirrors there, you are going to look at them to see what is behind you and you shouldn't be doing that on the track

161 - 167 of 167 Posts
About this Discussion
166 Replies
64 Participants
z064life
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing