Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Vroom
32 Posts
I’ve been interested in that swap/mod for a few years now. I’d love to see that done up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
there's a thread on it in the forum. I actually am not a fan :no. I love the 15+ tail but it just doesn't flow well with 09-14.

Some guy did one on his CBR which looked totally bad ass, but as for 09-14 I would keep it as is and stick to the under tail.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm still waiting for the tail to come back from a guy doing it in carbon fiber for me. I'll take pics once I get it all back together again. Are you looking to do something similar? It's not easy and takes a bit of fabbing things up.
i dont have any problem with fabbing things. its a nice job.
any update with the parts on CF???

·
Sir Douglas
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm still waiting for the tail to come back from a guy doing it in carbon fiber for me. I'll take pics once I get it all back together again. Are you looking to do something similar? It's not easy and takes a bit of fabbing things up.
i dont have any problem with fabbing things. its a nice job.
any update with the parts on CF???
Still waiting on tail to get done. Guy who's doing it is a liar. Not sure if I will ever get the part back to be honest.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
16 Participants
DouglasyzfR1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing