Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
USMC/0369 1986-2008
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in the market soon and I was wondering... Do youns wear clothing underneath, such as blue jeans? I mostly ride Street, twisties, not much track forseen. Should I allow for clothing underneath, such as jeans?

·
USMC/0369 1986-2008
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would also be wearing them back and forth to work and I guess I am asking if I need to size them for clothes/uniform underneath or just to size for suit only fit. I heard that if your leather is to loose that if you do go down that it can tear you up even more.

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
franikk said:
I would also be wearing them back and forth to work and I guess I am asking if I need to size them for clothes/uniform underneath or just to size for suit only fit. I heard that if your leather is to loose that if you do go down that it can tear you up even more.
Well, you don't want them so big that you can wear street clothes underneath them. You also don't want them spandex-tight, either. Throw your street clothes in a tank bag and change when you get to work.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Leathers should be snug, but not tight. You don't want them moving around when you fall. You want all of your armor to stay in the right place.

Either do what MACH1SMO suggests or buy an Aerostich suit that is designed to go over your clothes but is also fairly safe.

·
USMC/0369 1986-2008
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts