Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Q: I have a 2012-2014 R1, what happens to traction control?

Q: I have a 2012-2014 R1, what happens to traction control?

A: The traction control remains untouched after re-flashing using the Flash-Tune interface. The stock parameters and maps remain intact with the original values. These values are not editable.

·
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Q: I have a Canadian R1, which setting should I use?

Q: I have a Canadian R1, which setting should I use?

A: Canadian R1's should use the option for EU spec wiring harness.
In the V2+ software, you can actually flash a Canadian ECU base Image.

·
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Q: If I'm loading a PCV map what injector proportioning setting should I use?

Q: If I'm loading a PCV map what injector proportioning setting should I use?

A: When importing a map NOT made FROM YOUR BIKE after the ECU was flashed, you always use the "stock" setting. If you've flashed your ECU and have now built a map from either AutoTune or a shop dyno tuning your bike, you choose "current".

Same if you're importing a map from your power commander or autotune that was built BEFORE your ECU was flashed, you use "stock".

-Jamie M.
Basically, the "Stock" option applies fuel changes to a stock fuel map. The "Current" option apples changes to what ever fuel map is currently loaded in the map file. Since PCV maps from the PC web page are all generated from the stock ECU, the "Stock" option should be used.

·
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Q: What is TOS and should I disable it?

Q: What is TOS and should I disable it?

A: TOS stands for Tip Over Sensor, when the bike exceeds a specified lean angle (something like ~80 degrees and by that point you are probably crashing even if you don't know it yet :lol) the ignition will be killed. In essence it will kill the bike if it senses a crash.
A: Don't disable the TOS!!! You will break your engine if the bike is laying on it's side on the ground. The engine will run with NO oil. Also, the engine cover can be damaged allowing the oil to drain out and debris to enter and no oil in the engine means a blown engine and a bad day :(.

·
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Q: What is the AIS and should I disable it?

Q: What is the AIS and should I disable it?
A: AIS stands for Air Induction system. This system injects air into the exhaust ports into the head. The system uses the oxygen in the air to burn any excess fuel in the exhaust gases in the headers. This is used to reduce exhaust emissions. The ECU only uses this system under certain conditions. The most notable side effect of this system is the popping that can be heard during deceleration.

This option in the Flash-Tune software will disable the system by commanding the valve to be in the closed position at all times. This has the same effect as installing AIS block off plates. The net effect is far diminished popping on deceleration.

It is advised that block off plates be installed eventually. For example you could use this option until the first/next time you change your spark plugs.

·
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Q: How do I use the speedometer correction function?

Q: How do I use the speedometer correction function?

A: The 2009+ R1 from the factory is off by about 6%. Meaning, that if you are going 100mph on a stock R1, you're really going about 94 mph. If you would like an accurate speedometer, you should factor in a 6.0% factory speedometer error.

DO NOT USE THE NEW SPROCKET FEATURE. It will not include this 6%.

The best way to do this is to take a cell phone with GPS and check your speed on the highway. Remember, because we are dealing with percentages here, the faster you go, the more accurate it will be. Use this site:

http://www.12oclocklabs.com/page.php?page=sdrd_calc.htm

Put in your GPS reading and speedo reading and you'll get your number.

I am running 16/47. Just came back from the highway and it was roughly 72 on the GPS and 82 on the speedo. This yielded approximately 12% off. In flashtune, I put in 88%.

You can also put in the new sprocket size in the link above and factor in the 6.0 factory error, this yielded 11.9%... pretty close ehh??

Either way will work.
This feature has successfully corrected speedometers on 07-12 R1s. It does not interfere with the TC function.

·
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Q: I have an 07-08 R1, what ECU image should I use?

Q: I have an 07-08 R1, what ECU image should I use?
A: A good option are the ECU images developed by user toysareforboys. See below for the notes on these ECU images. As always use at your own risk, and always review the ECU image and understand what the changes are before using.
Link to original post.
These maps are built on version 1.2.2.0 of the software. Some users have experienced strange idle problems (4000rpm) when using them with 1.5.4.0, as well as an unsafe WOT throttle condition (if they touch the ETV slider) where it sticks at wide open throttle (not fun).

Version 1.2.2.0 of the software including my custom maps (make sure you are on the internet with your interface connected so it can download a license for your interface): http://ecuflashking.com/r6/2012-05-04-FlashTune/FlashTune 1.2.2.0 TAFB Full Edition.zip

07/08 R1 TAFB IDLE Edition map: http://ecuflashking.com/r6/2012-05-04-FlashTune/07-08 R1 PumpGas91+ TAFB IDLE.zip
Notes:
- Version 1.2.2.0.
- Has stock ECU fuel map (can import and overwrite with PCV fuel map).
- Close to stock engine braking.
- Aggressive throttle map.
- Has custom high cold idle, normal warm idle table. To increase warm idle in 1.2.2.0 open the advanced idle table, change the block of 5's (or whatever number they are), to one number higher. To reduce the warm idle, do the same thing but reduce by one number.
- To reduce engine braking move the FUEL/IGN slider to 100%.
- Do NOT touch the ETV slider or an unsafe throttle condition can occur.
- Map built with disabled O2 sensor, use with caution if not flashing in TPS vs RPM mode.

07/08 R1 TAFB IDLE YEC Edition map: http://ecuflashking.com/r6/2012-05-04-FlashTune/07-08 R1 PumpGas91+ YEC TAFB IDLE.zip

Same notes as above but has a custom fuel table for:
- This exact flash-tuned YCCT and ignition map, disabled O2 sensor (TPS vs RPM mode).
- 07 R1, Akra Y Pipe, A&R Race Baffle Kit, BMC Race Filter, 91 octane non-ethanol fuel.

-Jamie M.

·
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Thread updated with some info for the V2.x version of the software.

DO NOT FLASH A JAPANESE BASE IMAGE INTO A US ECU!!!!!!

·
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
28 Replies
1 Participant
Tad158
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing