Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

12661 - 12680 of 12690 Posts

·
R1m da kine
33 Posts
So Tad, maybe you have and advice what to change on FTecu to help reach max speed? because it's sometimes annoying when friends next to me with gsxr+cbr goes faster after 280km/h on highway :). Always need to release a little thottle to feel power after that speed
If I understand correctly... You're seriously endangering yourself and if in traffic, other people, which include mothers fathers children... please stop riding so fast on public roads. Try some corners on a track day in real life... do the fast straight at max speed on a video game.

For the bike... didn't read all the related posts, but there's nothing like a good dyno tune... every bike, every cylinder, is different behavior... I've seen it for real, on my bike too. In addition, good mechanic will catch any other problems, if any.

Is this really like the 12K-something post on this thread?!?!

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,422 Posts
I think you should be replacing gearing and maybe extend the rev limiter a bit, but then you compromise your down low performance. I see no practical use for this.

Top speed is never really a priority since you rarely make use of it anyway
This.....the stock gearing peaks out at about 178MPH. Just go to gearing commander, and take a look. The power peak is around 12.5-13k RPM, you won't be accelerating above that RPM in top gear. The more you change the gearing to go faster, the longer it will take to get there...so what's the point?

Most track riders/racers gear the bike down....so you can drive out of the corner....not to reach some mythical speed.

So your options are basically, loose 20-40 lbs (have no idea what you weigh but lbs are HP!), be a 5'2" motogp sized jockey who don't block any wind, or go buy an H2.....

AND DON'T DO THAT ON THE FREAKIN STREETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shake:

·
Registered
123 Posts
This.....the stock gearing peaks out at about 178MPH. Just go to gearing commander, and take a look. The power peak is around 12.5-13k RPM, you won't be accelerating above that RPM in top gear. The more you change the gearing to go faster, the longer it will take to get there...so what's the point?

Most track riders/racers gear the bike down....so you can drive out of the corner....not to reach some mythical speed.

So your options are basically, loose 20-40 lbs (have no idea what you weigh but lbs are HP!), be a 5'2" motogp sized jockey who don't block any wind, or go buy an H2.....

AND DON'T DO THAT ON THE FREAKIN STREETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shake:
Tad, your inbox is full.

·
10,422 Posts
Yep...but not anymore...:fact

·
Mad Thou Rider
2,742 Posts
hoping omeone can shed some light.
Ive had a bike side harness for my R1 a while now.
I recently bought a harness to put on my 2013 R6 as well.
I only needed the extra cable that goes on the bike, as I already had the cable that goes to the laptop.

I was told I would need to buy a new licence, so no problem, I installed the harness on the R6, fired everything up, it asked me to buy a new licence, which i did, and paid for.

Go to flash the R6 and I get the following:
Connected,
Connecting
Status Fail: No response

Flashtune are a bit useless on helping so far.

What I have done:
1. The R6 harnes has two pink wires that are the same color as far as I can tell, I swapped their locations over in case ths was the issue, but no change

2. someone told me sometimes it can take a day or two for the licence purchase to all go through for everything to work, so I waited a couple days, checked my purchases to make sure the licence purhase had all been processed and tried again: no change.

I am following the steps to the letter, as per this link:https://ftecu.com/support/kb/faq.php?id=11

any other suggestions?

·
10,422 Posts
Is it just me or is step 6 redundant? They tell you to turn that on in step 1, no?

The no response thing is typically a lack of 12V or ground somewhere. That is my best guess. I wonder if one or two off the other wires is not I the right place?

·
10,422 Posts
Or not seated all the way to the bottom of the connector.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi guys, just a simple question to more understand acceleration enrichment on FT-ECU. What will happen if marked places I will change to 22 or 40? How motorcycle react at 22 and 40? Can anybody give me a simple explanation?

Attachments

·
My R1 serves my needs
36 Posts
Exactly what it says, it riches the f/a ratio by (x)%. In short, it will dump more fuel in, on top of your fuel plan, depending on your throttle position.

·
10,422 Posts
It is actually the change in throttle across the top axis....

So for example if you are at 8k rpm and change the throttle by 74% ( for example going from 10% to 84%) the accelerator pump map will add 22% more fuel when it senses this change.

Make sense?

In my data logs, I hardly see events that make it into this map when on the track, save rev matching blips. Smooth throttle application means not much huge throttle changes.

·
10,422 Posts
Seemed to work fine when I opened my image.....

Same goes for my local copy of that image you have open in that screen shot.

·
10,422 Posts
Have you tried to disable QS and turn it back on again?

·
My R1 serves my needs
36 Posts
TAD158:

Would it impact the mapping negatively if i reset accel enrichment back to 0?
I know you altered timings and i asume at some point in a map, the system expects more fuel instead of stock throttle values @RPMs?

Or could i understand accel enrichment as a software solution for a quick throttle?

·
10,422 Posts
It is simulating an accelerating pump in a carb. The fuel map won't really change if you zero that out. It just won't have the same power surge when you romp on the throttle.

Why do you want to turn that off?

The quick turn throttle is done in the ycc-t maps.

What is the issue?

12661 - 12680 of 12690 Posts
About this Discussion
12.7K Replies
449 Participants
Tad158
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing