Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

12701 - 12709 of 12709 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry if the question has been asked. I didn't turn up anything by searching it. Something I've always wondered and sort of need to know at this point is about importing the PCV tune file. If you have a complete tune that is by gear / TPS, will it actually import those values based on gear to the ECU??. Or, is it only capable of importing a single fuel table, requiring you to use a tune that is NOT gear dependent?.
Been a few years since I did it but I believe it only allowed for one. Most guys used 4th gear if I recall correctly. Unless things have changed with FTecu since...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,673 Posts
It may also depend on the year. I think the 15+ has more tables than the 09-11 but I am not near my computer to verify.

Reactions: Jimmie Baker

·
Registered
2016 R1 FTECU, Graves full exhaust.......
38 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread as it seems most of the FTEcu information/questions are here.
So I have a couple issues so far that I hope I can get resolved without the need to contact the tuner of this bike.
The first issue is the bike will not start in gear, it has to be in neutral to start. I know the bike doesn't have the kickstand switch installed but it does have the pit limiter option set to true in the software. I didnt have a chance to look at changing the settings and re-flash to see if it fixes my problem of not being able to start in gear.
Second issue, I recently installed the FTECU autoblipper kit and the autoblip feature works pretty well considering it isn't an OEM feature but now the quickshifts are "laggy" compared to how it performed with the OEM quickshifter solinoid. I did not change any tables from pre-autoblip to post-autoblip and I even compared all the QSS maps from both files and nothing is different. I did try to keep the shift arm as 90* as possible and made sure everything is tight. The result is a delayed shift causing the suspension to get upset and lurches the bike forward then back. I wouldn't want to upshift through a corner with this reaction, so I am trying to get pointed in the right direction so I can either fix it myself or at a minimum have some knowledge so I can contact the tuner and explain what it is happening.
Other than that the bike runs pretty good, my first time being upclose and personal with an r1 so I'm still trying to figure out how they were from the factory vs mine that has been modified. Thank you.

·
10,673 Posts
The no start is simple, kick stand switch. Connect the two leads together.

The other stuff sounds like settings in the ECU image like delay times and such.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The no start is simple, kick stand switch. Connect the two leads together.

The other stuff sounds like settings in the ECU image like delay times and such.
Ok I will try that tomorrow then. Tonight I jumped the clutch switch wires together at the handle bars because I read in a couple other threads that a bad clutch switch could cause it to start in neutral and run and drive fine in the gears but not let it start in gear. I will have to dig deeper and post my results.
Thanks Tad!

·
10,673 Posts
It is the kickstand switch...

Post a screenshotof the delay times on the qs and blipper.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It is the kickstand switch...

Post a screenshotof the delay times on the qs and blipper.
I wasn't able to find any tables for the AutoBlipper, only the QSS. The only AutoBlipper anything I found was under the "paid features" and it was to "enable or disable". Maybe im looking in the wrong spot?
These are all the tables for the QSS.
20200729_053502.jpg 20200729_053448.jpg 20200729_053406.jpg

·
10,673 Posts
Hmmmm... let me do some looking tonight.

·
10,673 Posts
Sadly, because I don't have a 15+ or an autoblipper license, I cant see any of those menus to investigate.

Anyone else with a 15+ have some thoughts to help?

12701 - 12709 of 12709 Posts