Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
`send it!`
81 Posts
Can I ask what are you trying to achieve? Are you trying to paint the flat color on your mid's or lowers? If so use a single stage paint. The rest of the bike is single stage anyway. Yamaha does that for weight savings

-MC

·
R1-Forum
1,628 Posts
rb racing:
In applications requiring a low-gloss (or flat) cleared finishes, I utilize PPG's DCU 2060 "Flexed N' Flat clear over a PPG Deltron 2000 basecoat.

One advantage to the DCU 2060 in fairing application is that the product includes an integrated flex agent.

Recommended Hardener: PPG DCX 9 (or DXC 61)
Reducer: PPG DT 895.
Reducer Note: Choose the correct reducer for your ambient temperature (895 is for 85-degree’s and above. DT 860, 870, 885, 895 and 898 are temperature specific.

If your attempting to achieve a finish similar to Honda’s 919, a fast and easy approach is to order the following from Color-rite:

1. Asphalt (#MQ2818)
2. Egg Shell (#P-FKT600)

If your attempting to duplicate a low-gloss matte finish utilized on Yamaha frames/swingarms, again a fast and easy method is color-rite.

1. Matte Black #2 (#MQ5988)
2. Egg Shell (#P-FKT600)

Thanks!

·
It's a racer now
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was commenting on someone wanting flat clear over black base and hit new topic instead of reply. While on the paint subject does anyone have a good match for the 02-03 frame color. PJ1 or somebody?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts