Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
:)
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan to get some of the flush mount blinkers for my '00 R1. couple of questions:

1) are these visible directly in front? as if to say you plan to turn and there is a car in front of you at the intersection. are they still pretty visible?

2) if i do this. then i still have the big blinkers in the rear on my factory fender kit. :bash i have already taken a saw to the rear fender for a cheap (home made) fender eleminator kit. is there a way to remove/replace these? i know i could get the turn signal integrator with the tail lights, but then i would still have two "holes" in the side of my fender from the existing blinkers. is there a cheap way out temporarily until i get an undertail kit?

·
Registered
313 Posts
i wouldnt even bother getting flushmounts. the bulbs pop easily and youll end up with no blinkers and thats not safe. it happened to me;)

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
If you go to www.hotbodiesracing.com Roger might sell you an intergrater kit. You can cut the rest of the fender off after the tail lights are gone and you will not see any holes. This is before I had the undertail on mine,just cut it off

Attachments

·
Road Warrior
721 Posts
I had flushmounts on my last bike and I found that oncoming traffic couldn't see the signals from the front; they acted as if the signals weren't flashing. I looked for myself, and although visible from the side, they didn't show very well in daytime from the front. I intend to keep the stock set on my bikes from now on.

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help. i was afraid about the visibility of them. being on two wheels, i would rather be seen than look cool, but that's just me. where i live, there are a few R1s in town, and i would like to modify my bike enough to where its noticibly different. has anyone seen or used these blinkers? they are off of www.tricktape.com website. does anyone know if these will mount right up like they were made to fit? i don't want a set that leaves a gap around the mount because they are smaller.....

Attachments

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,894 Posts
I don't know about those blinkers but by the looks of the stalks it seems like there would be a gap. go here
http://www.dynomite.co.uk/Dynosite/HTMLfiles/home_fin.html
and click mega accessories then headlights and indicators. If I put front signals on mine thats what I would get:rock

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Ya those are very sw33t :rock

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have those on my bike !!! They are sweet
I didn't have any prob. putting them on.
I cut the whole rear fender off, even where the old signals were. I cut it off flush w/ the factory under tail. Then disassemble the old license plate bracket assembly. The two bolts that hold the bracket on in this direction > reassemble so they go strait up. Now drill 2 wholes in under tail where ever you want to mount your plate. Then you should have a 3/4 in. space
right above where your old the/s used to be drill a whole big enough for the bolt on the back of the new t/s put it in wire it up done. The front is a little harder but I did mine, if you still want to know how to do them, reply to this post & I will tell you how BTW pics of my bike are on the main page it is the blue one w/ the HMF pipe. [email protected] the rear view you can c the t/s.

·
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
shawnr1: thanks for the help. if i am not asking too much, could you take and post pictures of both the front and the rear. you described it well, but sometimes pictures speak louder.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here are mine, not very visible from front , but i dont care, they look good .

·
Arrrrrrrrrggggghhhhh!
113 Posts
I found a lot of the turnlights you can buy for bikes are rigid mounting. And, with all the vibrations and shakes you get on a bike, the bulbs tend to blow every easily. In the end i just chucked the turn signals away on my zxr750 and used hand signals.

Not sure what i"ll do on the r1 atm.

·
I've hit 174 have you??
16 Posts
I have flush mounts on my 99 and they look good! yes it's true that you can't see them from the front. I also have the intergrater kit in the tail(awesome). I just cut off the excess plastic with a hot box cutter (it works very good). Just take an ordinary lighter and heat up the blade and cut away. I'll try and scan a picture on here so you can see it. The one thing that I didn't like is that I had to cut away some of my faring on the inside to get the plastic nut on the signal. I put the flush mounts on in 00' and have not replaced a buld yet. :cool:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Lights

If you want clear light's like the ones seltc talking about. GO TO :bash HARELY DEALERSHIP. Opps I said harely. Ask about tail lights for a X1 beull cheap like under 10 bucks factory.:cool:

·
This...is a...a...suck!
1,284 Posts

·
This...is a...a...suck!
1,284 Posts
oops, sorry about the size, didn't think that would be that big.

Sorry again

·
Registered
141 Posts
Here is what i did to same money, i cut the original undertail, sand it and send it to a paint shop, it looks like hotbodies undertail and its stock, so why pay ??? ill post pics when its back from the paint shop, then i bought a custom blinker bracket that i need to shorten a little, some lockhart mini and bolt to the undertail, i need the back blinker to avoid trouble with the damn cops up here they are crazy !!!

Here is some pics

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts