Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is kinda cool! More tracks and the series is growing. I may be able to get to the races at Little Tally to watch @Gearheaded send it👍

·
Venom X/O
25,950 Posts
This is kinda cool! More tracks and the series is growing. I may be able to get to the races at Little Tally to watch @Gearheaded send it👍

So awesome to see. They changed the website today.

Also CMP added. I’ll be at Tally and CMP for sure, I was really hoping for Barber or RAtl for a race weekend but apparently they couldn’t work the deal. I hope to see it continue growing. This weekend is the opener and it looks to be absolutely packed. Plus rain Sunday… 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Also CMP added. I’ll be at Tally and CMP for sure, I was really hoping for Barber or RAtl for a race weekend but apparently they couldn’t work the deal. I hope to see it continue growing. This weekend is the opener and it looks to be absolutely packed. Plus rain Sunday… 🤷🏻‍♂️
Not sure if I agree with naming the new league after a Harley 😂
I haven’t ridden it yet, but I hear Tally is pretty rough.
I know you’ll get a good start off the line-hope all goes well on your way to the top step👍

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I went through the website and it’s very cool-makes me want to dive in and race👍

·
Venom X/O
25,950 Posts
Not sure if I agree with naming the new league after a Harley 😂
I haven’t ridden it yet, but I hear Tally is pretty rough.
I know you’ll get a good start off the line-hope all goes well on your way to the top step👍
Harley racing is saving MotoA in my opinion. I’m not a fan, but the views don’t lie.

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harley racing is saving MotoA in my opinion. I’m not a fan, but the views don’t lie.
I was actually thinking that SBU should expand beyond Superbike Unlimited and start selling racing parts to baggers under the name of Super Baggers Unlimited. They’d make even more of a killing!

·
Venom X/O
25,950 Posts
I was actually thinking that SBU should expand beyond Superbike Unlimited and start selling racing parts to baggers under the name of Super Baggers Unlimited. They’d make even more of a killing!
Reach out to Tyler lol

·
Venom X/O
25,950 Posts
How’s the weekend going at the races??
So far pretty bad. I rode like trash in the Grande Corse, my BP is bad and my throttle hand is bruised. I need to get off my hands and get on the tank more. I placed basically last, but I haven’t ridden this track since probably 2012 so I’m just sloppy. I’m 3 seconds off the lead, but I went my fastest here, so there’s a takeaway. I need a carrot to chase. My sprint race is up soon, hopefully I can stay with the pack and fight for some form of respectable result.

Black Font Computer Line Screenshot

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds rough, but I'm sure it was good to get back on the bike. Did Sunday go any better?

·
Registered
2020 Yamaha YZF-R1/Raven
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sunday did get better, I got two seconds faster so I’m not mad about it. Still need to find 2 seconds. I go back in three weeks
[/QUOTE
Sunday did get better, I got two seconds faster so I’m not mad about it. Still need to find 2 seconds. I go back in three weeks
Seems like it would be difficult to be off of the bike pretty much all off-season then get back on and compete right off the bat. Do you get any practice time in between races, or is it just done on race weekends?

·
Venom X/O
25,950 Posts
Seems like it would be difficult to be off of the bike pretty much all off-season then get back on and compete right off the bat. Do you get any practice time in between races, or is it just done on race weekends?
No practice times besides that rain trackday we went to. But that didn’t translate well to this weekend. I get another shot in three weeks

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,928 Posts
Jan22-23 N2 has a weekend at homestead, which is right before your round at homestead in February.

·
Venom X/O
25,950 Posts
Jan22-23 N2 has a weekend at homestead, which is right before your round at homestead in February.
I know, but I have a round in 3 weeks so I won’t make rd 2, a track day, then the next weekend rd 3. My wallet will not allow it 😂

·
10,928 Posts
Bummer. A good practice opportunity.

·
10,928 Posts
Nice work Gear! Keep it up!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts