Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Venom X/O
Congrats G-Money!
ty my friend!
Nice one Gear. Hope the kid beats your ass... train him well. We need more baggers 馃槈
Apparently I鈥檓 a better trainer than rider, because that kid at the top of the box is Chase, and I got him into the sport. We鈥檝e ridden together for quite some time and he鈥檚 surpassed me it seems. The punk

Registered
'08 r1
Thanks man, I got work to do. The kid that took first is someone I鈥檝e taught everything I know lol. Apparently too much. He鈥檚 naturally fast though.
Maybe you can cut a couple pounds, but, that may not be healthy. He is lighter than you are. Making that up will be hard to do. I'll grant that skill is involved, but, if someone is leaner than you, and younger than you, it's going to be hard to close that gap bud.

Maybe try methanol injection? You'll have to tune for it, but, it 'can' give you a couple ponies for next to nothing.

Then again, juicing the bike is probably against the rules.

Venom X/O
Maybe you can cut a couple pounds, but, that may not be healthy. He is lighter than you are. Making that up will be hard to do. I'll grant that skill is involved, but, if someone is leaner than you, and younger than you, it's going to be hard to close that gap bud.

Maybe try methanol injection? You'll have to tune for it, but, it 'can' give you a couple ponies for next to nothing.

Then again, juicing the bike is probably against the rules.
I could definitely lose a few pounds which is my goal now. I鈥檓 188 before gear, he鈥檚 in the low 170鈥檚 I think. I鈥檒l cut a little weight. I can鈥檛 touch the fuel, we are spec fuel for the series. Really his bike and my bike are almost identical so I need to hone my seat skills. That track I鈥檝e only been to three total times, once back in 2012 and the other two times these last rounds. I was completely stoked about cutting 5 seconds of time, let alone standing on the box. It was a huge victory for me this weekend, but even more so will be competing against a close friend that we can learn from each other on. He鈥檚 the carrot I鈥檓 chasing, so hopefully I only get faster. I鈥檓 going to miss the round in February due to some other stuff, but I鈥檒l be back for round 4 and hopefully pick right back up.

Registered
I figure the only two things about racing is to look way out ahead, and the head is the next game, or part of going fast. Not bringing in the right food, physical conditioning, weight of the riders, etc. Just the raw, strip everything away.

It's overriding that head game.

Venom X/O
I figure the only two things about racing is to look way out ahead, and the head is the next game, or part of going fast. Not bringing in the right food, physical conditioning, weight of the riders, etc. Just the raw, strip everything away.

It's overriding that head game.
Oh it鈥檚 a head game for sure. Especially when you see someone on a stock R1 go faster than you on a built bike. It鈥檚 the head game, and for me it鈥檚 simply just getting familiar with the tracks I have little time at. Gotta re-learn the limits.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts