Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On average how far apart are the shipments being delivered. I talked to one shop and they are on there third shipment while 30 down the road another dealer has recieved their first. Is there a method to their madness.

There probably isn't really an answer to this but thought I would as anyway.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
depends on which area ur in. mine bike(our first) is just now in transit. should see it in a few days yeeeehaaw. when a district has enuff units to fill, then they are filled. our second shipment due in march should be released in about 2 weeks. is there a method or fairness to it...hell no... yamaha just wants units sold to dealers and dont really care if they sit on dealers showroom. yamaha sales maangers get paid on what is shipped not whats sitting at yamaha warehouse. so they want bikes to dealers asap. our distrcit is usually last to receive product...sucks bad.

·
Rangers Lead the Way
268 Posts
so whats all the crap about the ship docking in California I keep hearing about from my dealer. I have heard twice that the bikes are coming in from a boat through CA, then being trucked to their destination. My dealer told me today that the last boat didn't have any blues on it and is trying to sale me a red ( see my "I dont trust dealerships" post) I am still thinking through this one. It's funny that all of us are in the same boat (except for you lucky SOB's that already have theirs, I'm not hating though)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts