Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must sell! 2000 Blue R1. This is a 1 owner bike that is extremely clean. Never dropped or abused. 7,500 mi's. Mostly stock with Spiegler front & rear brake lines, Yamaha seat cowl. Rear pegs removed, but go w/bike. Good 207's Title in hand, $6,500.
PM w/ any ?'s or additional pic's

Attachments

·
Faster than a speeding ticket
385 Posts
Just want to let you know that you should prepare for a beating!!!!!

First of all, your first post is to sell your bike???? Does not look good here on this forum, secondly, your price is a little over inflated compared to some others here on the forum. I know that in certain areas the r1 will hold it's value but not here on the forum.

Rest assured you will get hit on these two subjects.

other than that, welcome to the forum!!

Szokr1

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
szokr1 said:
Just want to let you know that you should prepare for a beating!!!!!

First of all, your first post is to sell your bike???? Does not look good here on this forum, secondly, your price is a little over inflated compared to some others here on the forum. I know that in certain areas the r1 will hold it's value but not here on the forum.

Rest assured you will get hit on these two subjects.

other than that, welcome to the forum!!

Szokr1
:iamwithst

But welcome just the same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Szokr1, Yeah I expected to hear that about the first post. I've been on since Sept 03 & really enjoy the forum. I guess you could say I read more than I write. Anyway thanks for the note & if anyone wants some better pic's let me know.

·
MK Racers 51-50
561 Posts
That's a good deal the thing has no miles! Have you tried your local Cycle trader? That's what I'm going to do! Just a sugg.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
R1WILL, I've looked in the cycle trader around here & the ones in it are more than $6500.00. Of course I dont know if they are selling but I think it's a fair price. The bike really could not be any cleaner at all. It is really nice! There were many in the trader for $7000 & up for 00 & 01's.
At any rate I really enjoy the forum & thanks for the note.
BTW we are still waiting for the 04 around here. The first red one was to show Saturday & did not.
brian

·
MK Racers 51-50
561 Posts
We are on the same boat. I refused to trade in the 00 when I bought the new one and get $4,700 - $5200. It will take time but I'm sure it'll sell. I just put mine in the Cycle trader.
Last week there was only one R1. It was a 02 and they wanted $8900, crazy huh?
Hopefully mine will sell! If not oh well, I guess I'll have a spare bike for my buddies to ride when they fly into town or when I want to perform somemods on the NEW One. Like right now the 04 is getting the Permastar chrome finishon the wheels! Should be awesome! Later Dude :rock :fork :rock

·
Registered
377 Posts
I guess I'll have a spare bike for my buddies to ride when they fly into town

Big Mistake.........4700-5200 may sound great after one of your bud's drop it...

Not flamin....just some unsolicited advise.

Enjoy your 04.

·
Banned
493 Posts
I traded my 2001 with a few goodies on it to a dealer and they gave me $6300 and it had 20k for miles hehe. I traded it in NH where the used trade market for r1 is very good. I got my new 04 and it kicks ass big time. Good luck dude.

·
Registered
233 Posts
where in NH ?

Hey man - whereabouts in NH did you buy your new 04? I have an 00 and would like to know who gave you a good deal on a trade of your 01.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ChefR1, way to go. Thats strong for trade in. Here in Ohio my price is fair. There getting $6500.00 for Gix 750's. I don't know anyone who would rather have that over an R1. Anyway, how about some comparisons between your 04 & the 00. Likes dislikes etc. I'm still waiting on mine & we got 6 inches of snow here yesterday.
Thanks Brian

·
Banned
493 Posts
Well guys I love the new R1 04. It is very much smoother in power. Has more power to like 180 total :O) It is #20 lighter than my 2001. The handle bars are higher and wider which makes it so much easier to turn and more comfortable to ride to hehe. Looks it is out of this world. I like this bike much better than the old R1 big time. The transmission is a lot better built. The headlight are twice as much better than the old. The steering dampenar is awsume to. Nothing to really disliek about the bike. The is no comparison to the old bike at all. So glad I bu thte new one. I already have 1000 miles on it and only had it for a month now. Just came back on a 350 mile ride. I put on 21K last season alone and traded the bike in with 25K on it and still got a great deal. The dealer in NH I traded it into is no longer taking trade in because they have met their traded in stock par. Pretty much any dealer in NH will take used R1 of any year because the used bike market is greater in NH than Mass. That is why that state take more trade in. Yes I was lucky I got a great deal. I even got my bike two weeks earlier than exspected. Have a great season guys. Buy the new R1 its the BALLS trust me. You wont miss the old R1 at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here in Indianapolis Brand New, left over 2003 R1s are going for around $8500.

Too, Bad I can not afford full coverage insurance on any sportbike. :no :( Too much :dollar for that coverage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts