Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

15501 - 15520 of 15525 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
In the state of Virginia-you are suppose to give them your CWP with your license and registration. When they pull your drivers license it shows up in their system that your are a CWP holder.
In Virginia, there is no law requiring you to notify the police or give them a CHP unless they ask. If you want to tell them because you think it will make things easier, go ahead.

Also note that Virginia issues a permit to Carry a Concealed Handgun. It is not the more general Concealed Weapons Permit that some states use.

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
Sig's are ghey. No surprise there.

.....oh, and lest we forget.............. fcvk Glock!
It's dead in here so I thought I would quote you.

Blocks are merely tools. Looking at them as utilitarian tools ze Block pistol is probably the best combat pistol ever invented. You know it's the Accord/Camry/whatzefckever analogy. I am a trigger snob and prefer DA/SA mechanical triggers but even I have a set of ze Blocks for elections and political booshat. I loathe DI AR's but I have one of those POS for the same reasons :grin2:

Just reviving the thread a bit. Ordered and just received some Speer Lawman 124gr FMJ's, a case. Cheapest I've ever bought it. $200 delivered to the door.

Also just picked up a PX4 compact for some T&E. New was $349. Ordering the OEM comp trigger for it to eval. I had one of the subcompact many years ago and it was fantastic so interested to try the rotating barrel on the compact and see what that trigger is capable of.

No long guns this year. Last year bought a can and sbr before the wonderful folks at the eh tee ef changed the rules on stamps now requiring fingerprints, passport photos, and your dna. I just put a deposit on a Scorpion after learning the HB tactical brace is eh tee ef certified to shoulder. Like everything else it will need a damn trigger and mods. Glad I'm not modding bikes any longer. New piece = parts, stacks of magz, sights/glass.

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
What do you all think about the new Sig 320 failing the drop test??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Oz6krEH_I
I think it's funny as hell and hope nobody gets shot but it's a low probability high impact problem. Chances are kind of slim.

I wrote that damn company off after Cohen. What new pistol haven't they had major problems with? 238, 938, 290, 224, I mean every new pistol exeter released had issues. Every time using their customers as beta testers. They even cheaped out on the P Series. They went from solid short extractors to long extractors. Introduced MIM heavily. Their mim is now made in India. Pre 2005 P Series are solid, especially the 90's era 226/228/229/239, etc. So their chickens come home to roost. This is why most other strikers have a tabbed trigger to prevent this problem.
I bought another P2022/Sig Pro 5 years ago and it was a jamomatic, requiring several trips to Exeter to fix. Then they came out with the 224, had to send that one back so many times they had to finally replace it. Sent one of my AG 229's in for their AEP and it came back with scratches and blemishes on the slide and frame. That was it, sold all their chit. When ze Germans were doing the R&D, and design, well the legacy P Series pistols are some of the best I've ever had but it's not the same co. any longer. I'm Ok with MIM, I mean most pistols are using it, but when you go from forged/billet parts to MIM, and keep the same damn price, well bye!

I'm still amazed that even HK is now in the striker business again. Hk, Sig, S&W, even Beretta has gone striker. Plastic, cheap, and strikers is the pistol combo these days. I still prefer a hammer. But like Kmac I am an old curmudgeon :lol:

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
But like Kmac I am an old curmudgeon :lol:
Don't forget grumpy!

My last new pistol was Kimber Custom Shop Micro Raptor .380, which I carry everywhere. I shot an armadillo with it Friday afternoon. When i bought my property 4 yrs ago there were NONE, now they are everywhere. There's been weekends I've shot 4 or 5 of them. They are nasty as crap, deaf as all get out, and slow as pond water. Still challenging to hit one on the move with a micro .380, though. Took out a pretty good size copperhead with it back in June, and a coon that was stealing my dog's food every night. Hornady Critical Defense gets $$$ when whacking rodents and other vermin with it.

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
Don't forget grumpy!

My last new pistol was Kimber Custom Shop Micro Raptor .380, which I carry everywhere. I shot an armadillo with it Friday afternoon. When i bought my property 4 yrs ago there were NONE, now they are everywhere. There's been weekends I've shot 4 or 5 of them. They are nasty as crap, deaf as all get out, and slow as pond water. Still challenging to hit one on the move with a micro .380, though. Took out a pretty good size copperhead with it back in June, and a coon that was stealing my dog's food every night. Hornady Critical Defense gets $$$ when whacking rodents and other vermin with it.
Got them here also. I have a park and trail next to the house. On the trail (paved) I’ll work the k-9 unit and those Armadillos are active in the damn day because they are so spoiled here. Since she is on the lead I’ll let her creep on one of them. She’ll get within a foot before their blind asses take notice. I never knew those pos can jump so high. Last one we came across I’d bet had nearly a 30” vertical. And they aren’t fast like the Maligator but definitely can run when their life is on the line fairly quick. I’m close to the major city so I can’t pull out the edc and pop them. I wish. The only thing I get to shoot around here are possums, neighborhood is overrun with them since there is construction in the area. F’ers are equally nasty. I trained the dog to spot them. She’ll sit there and spot while I go get the .22 pellet gun. Dumb possum is so scared of the k9 they won’t move. Once in a while I get lucky and only require one shot. Most of the time I have to reload and use a second pellet for end of life. I refuse to even touch the tail of the nasty pos. I’ll go grab latex gloves to pick it up and put it in a trash bag. I’ve caught 12-15 of them in the last year or so in my trap. Some expired fruit suckers them every time. The armadillos I wish I could load a 30 round Pmag and go to work. Would be like ducks in a barrel but I’d be in jail.

·
11,738 Posts

·
11,738 Posts
Cool high speed video of a suppressor with clear covers.

·
11,738 Posts

·
I am the vanilla gorilla!
18,121 Posts

·
Take the red pill
6,794 Posts
They don't care, that is the problem out there.
I don't feel bad for them (Commieforna) but that does suck.

And it sucks harder because right now it's deals of the century. I bought a CZ Scorpion with SB Evo Brace, $850. New P30 $530, P30sk $490, a set of PX4's (sub/comp/full) for less than $400 each. I sold my set of emergency/election Blocks and broke even. Best deals on firearms, magz, and ammo in recent memory so 15+ years. HK just dropped their prices on everything, take advantage man. Whatever you've been wanting, deals like a mofo out there right now. If I had 2-3k to spare right now I'd do a bulk ammo order. I came across a P2000sk, mint, with both 357 and 40 barrels for $500 with 6 magz. Someone snagged a minute before I could get at it.

·
Just happy to be here...
1,748 Posts
I don't feel bad for them (Commieforna) but that does suck.

And it sucks harder because right now it's deals of the century. I bought a CZ Scorpion with SB Evo Brace, $850. New P30 $530, P30sk $490, a set of PX4's (sub/comp/full) for less than $400 each. I sold my set of emergency/election Blocks and broke even. Best deals on firearms, magz, and ammo in recent memory so 15+ years. HK just dropped their prices on everything, take advantage man. Whatever you've been wanting, deals like a mofo out there right now. If I had 2-3k to spare right now I'd do a bulk ammo order. I came across a P2000sk, mint, with both 357 and 40 barrels for $500 with 6 magz. Someone snagged a minute before I could get at it.
You have a taste for Hk's I see :fact

·
Just happy to be here...
1,748 Posts
...and unfortunately there are only a few people trustworthy enough to do guaranteed quality work, and the wait is staggering.
Like who? I actually have a few HK's and want some nice trigger work done thats NOT just swapping parts.
I'm the gunsmith for Ashbury Precision Ordnance. We don't bother with modding the trigger kits, we just install a new one if you want. We put trijicon RMR's on them for people and its 4-6 weeks, when we are busy but most of the time its under 2 weeks, but I can't tell people 2 weeks cause if I can't get it done, I'll get :machinegu LOL

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
Like who? I actually have a few HK's and want some nice trigger work done thats NOT just swapping parts.
I'm the gunsmith for Ashbury Precision Ordnance. We don't bother with modding the trigger kits, we just install a new one if you want. We put trijicon RMR's on them for people and its 4-6 weeks, when we are busy but most of the time its under 2 weeks, but I can't tell people 2 weeks cause if I can't get it done, I'll get :machinegu LOL
Bill Springfield and Gray Guns are both well versed and respected for HK trigger work. A few years ago I looked into both of them, but it was going to be a several month wait to get your gun worked on. I think we even discussed them in this thread or another gun thread at the time. You'll pay for it, too, but to me it was going to be worth it.

That said, I never pulled the trigger with either of them (lol...see what I did there?), and now that a few years have passed it's easy to look back and say "way to go dumass, it would be done and you would be happy with it had you just sucked it up and waited for it". That's how it goes, though. Maybe I'll look into it again, though, I still really like the P30, and the VP9 wasn't the end-all be-all that everybody blathered on about. Especially the trigger that was supposed to be so great. IMO, it was marginally better than other mfr's triggers..........at BEST.

·
INSTIGATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
22,029 Posts
Have you put hands on a CZ p10c yet kmac?

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
Have you put hands on a CZ p10c yet kmac?
I have not. Right now I have enough pistols that i don't see myself getting anything else unless some really significant leap of technology, performance, quality, etc... happens. It just seems like a lot of different flavors of the same thing available currently. Even then, I would rather spend the money having my XDM-9 5.25 and P30 pistols worked. As it stands, my out-of-the-box Range Officer will wipe the floor with those 2 guns, but clearly doesn't have the capacity, etc... to use for what I use them for. Well, that, and the fact it's basically.................you know.............. a 1911. :lol

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
I have not. Right now I have enough pistols that i don't see myself getting anything else unless some really significant leap of technology, performance, quality, etc... happens. It just seems like a lot of different flavors of the same thing available currently. Even then, I would rather spend the money having my XDM-9 5.25 and P30 pistols worked. As it stands, my out-of-the-box Range Officer will wipe the floor with those 2 guns, but clearly doesn't have the capacity, etc... to use for what I use them for. Well, that, and the fact it's basically.................you know.............. a 1911. :lol
Ban 1911s :lol

15501 - 15520 of 15525 Posts
About this Discussion
15.5K Replies
280 Participants
castrolr1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing