Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

sorry to be THAT guy...first post asking questions

i own a Suzuki TL1000s 97 that ive improved by bolting alot of R1 parts onto, like wheels forks brakes

i just recently got a Ohlins TTX GP from ´16 rear shock built specially for my bike...so thats the rear end sorted

what options are there for the front, ideally i think i would like a set of ohlins, but i am absolutly in the dark of what would even fit, and since i cant just take something of the shop shelf, i am looking for either used or some other brand, i just dont know what to look for....i guess a good set of OEM with carthridges would work fine as well, just not nearly as blingy

i do have the entire R1 04-06 front end fitted, triple tree(yokes) wheels brakes, so its basicly a R! in the front

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Yeah, once you get a bike that old, getting Ohlins forks or the like for it is going to be hard. As you mentioned, 2nd hand is your best bet. You could try to find a set of the R1 SP Ohlins forks? They come up on rare occasions. The other alternative is grabbing a set of forks for a later model R1 and swapping the brake discs & brakes on (if you have a pressing need to burn lots of money).

Ohlins also do a universal fork : Universal Upside Down Fork (FG 324) | Öhlins USA but you need to get a caliper bracket machined up to bolt onto the forks. It's do-able, as I've had it done, and the fork itself is bloody awesome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts