Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
dont follow me if ur scared
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can replace the fork seals on a 03 with out special tools and if so how or what tools do i need.

·
Registered
57 Posts
No special tools needed. But it is extremely messy and time consuming on inverted forks. Might be worth while to have the dealership do it. $180 for labor only is what they charge here which is not that bad.

·
R1-aholic.
258 Posts
*shrug* - it's not that bad so long as you are comfortable with taking the forks out of the triple tree. That being said, if you are squeamish about that then pay someone else to do it. There is a pretty good guide on how to do it (with pics and all) in 101 Sportbike projects. And no, I am not getting paid to pimp the book - it's got a bunch of good projects from basic maintenance all the way to hard-core mods, and uses mostly an R1 as the reference bike. I've got it and have used it extensively (for velocity stacks, throttle stops, and just general tips). My two bits...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.