Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,633 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack, but I've got a similar question Redgecko. I bought Steve's Carrozzeria wheels last year and put on a set of braking rotors for my 05 on them. I never mounted the wheels and just picked up a '12 50th anniversary; I'd like to run the wheels on my '12, will a 5mm spacer allow me to run them with 05 rotors on the stock '12 forks & calipers? It sounds like it based off of your comment, but I wanted to verify first.
Yeah should work fine. You'll need to move over the speed sensor ring from the 12 rotors obviously but the sensor itself is mounted to the fork leg isn't it? There is nothing attaching to the caliper itself is there? in which case it should be 5mm spacers.

·
Love that Crossplane...
1,390 Posts
Yeah should work fine. You'll need to move over the speed sensor ring from the 12 rotors obviously but the sensor itself is mounted to the fork leg isn't it? There is nothing attaching to the caliper itself is there? in which case it should be 5mm spacers.
Yes, the sensor mounts to the leg, I can swap the ring over to the new wheel, and there isn't anything that attaches to the caliper itself.

Thanks for the quick reply, and sorry again for temporarily jacking the thread.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
6 Participants
Dai.
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing