Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night at 11:30 i was crusin around Mill Ave in Tempe AZ with a couple of buddies and just chillen, we parked for a while and and hung out. Then me and couple of guys decided to go for a ride around the area, and so we took off with 15 bikes, after getting some gas, we got on the highway and took off, after going around a clover leaf i started getting a little behind so i sped up and blew past this car, which happened to be an unmarked, so he turned his lights on and i was SHIt! so i got tagged and they pulled me over and he comes up and is like yah so SUCKS TO BE YOU TONIGHT huh? i was chill with him and stuff, so hes like well i should probably take you to jail but since your being cool ill just give you a ticket, so i got a 105 in a 55. then he said something stupid like, if they were your true friends theyd all turn themselves in right now... [email protected]! OKK!? how fooked am i ? it says CRIMINAL speed on the ticket, but i didnt double the limit. frak. :dunno

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
DJTHEMAC said:
Last night at 11:30 i was crusin around Mill Ave in Tempe AZ with a couple of buddies and just chillen, we parked for a while and and hung out. Then me and couple of guys decided to go for a ride around the area, and so we took off with 15 bikes, after getting some gas, we got on the highway and took off, after going around a clover leaf i started getting a little behind so i sped up and blew past this car, which happened to be an unmarked, so he turned his lights on and i was SHIt! so i got tagged and they pulled me over and he comes up and is like yah so SUCKS TO BE YOU TONIGHT huh? i was chill with him and stuff, so hes like well i should probably take you to jail but since your being cool ill just give you a ticket, so i got a 105 in a 55. then he said something stupid like, if they were your true friends theyd all turn themselves in right now... [email protected]! OKK!? how fooked am i ? it says CRIMINAL speed on the ticket, but i didnt double the limit. frak. :dunno
dude,
I feel your pain. After getting breaks like these myself for pulling over, it sure makes running from them look like a better idea. I swear. You try to do the mature thing and take responsiblity and he tacks your ass to the wall. :boom I personally hate all the comments like.. you want to play .. you have to pay.. blah blah blah..

I didnt buy a 180 mph sportbike to do 55 in second gear all day. I dont have an 8000 bike to take once a month for track day either..

aaarrgghhh... Im sorry bro. This sucks but there is nothing to do now but get a lawyer and try to get it reduced
good luck

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
DJTHEMAC said:

Get a lawyer....you are gonna need one:yesnod

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mmmm that is bad.... very FOOKIN bad

·
My R1 is my getaway.......
49 Posts
dj ,make sure you fight it ,chances are they'll cut it in half or dismiss it,you didnt tell the cop you knew those kids did you ?
always say you didn't kno them ,that you just saw a pack ,and wanted to ride with them.
and sometimes you get a judge to understand spur of the moment decisions and give you a break.especially if you have a good record.
doesn't hurt to befriend the judge either ,worked for me :beer

·
Thriller
3,610 Posts
Dang, that sucks man. Those unmarked are sneaky. I see them here there on the 60 and 101.
I was on Mill last night too. Went to Bamboo club, I would have rather been riding though. Still waiting on my '04.

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
Re: Re: Frak!!!!!!

over_dose said:
dude,
I feel your pain. After getting breaks like these myself for pulling over, it sure makes running from them look like a better idea. I swear. You try to do the mature thing and take responsiblity and he tacks your ass to the wall. :boom I personally hate all the comments like.. you want to play .. you have to pay.. blah blah blah..

I didnt buy a 180 mph sportbike to do 55 in second gear all day. I dont have an 8000 bike to take once a month for track day either..

aaarrgghhh... Im sorry bro. This sucks but there is nothing to do now but get a lawyer and try to get it reduced
good luck

Oh that makes a lot of sense...going from criminal speed to Felony evasion:2bitchsla

We all have done those speeds and can do them at the slightest flick of the wrist...but unfortunatley we are the ones twisting the throttle and therefore cannot blame the cops from doing their job....sure I would be upset too if I got his ticket....but I would be upset at myself not the cops.

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Frak!!!!!!

MR_GIXXER_MAN said:
Oh that makes a lot of sense...going from criminal speed to Felony evasion:2bitchsla

We all have done those speeds and can do them at the slightest flick of the wrist...but unfortunatley we are the ones twisting the throttle and therefore cannot blame the cops from doing their job....sure I would be upset too if I got his ticket....but I would be upset at myself not the cops.
this is exactly the kinda response I am talking about. WTF? Im riding along the other day and a cop comes flying out of a parking lot without looking. Luckily he saw me at the last moment and slammed on the brakes 1/2 way in the middle of the street or we both would have been toast. He than proceeds to fly out behind me with his buddy and rides my ass. I am doing like 4 over the speed limit. They wait till I move over one lane than proceed to do 80+ in a 45 till they reach the light. They stop for a second, flip the lights on .. then away they go. These guys werent after someone, they were just abusing their power. They just came out from the police station I passed and were begining their night on duty. I have dozens of stories like this. let me know and I can post em. Cop's suk. the law doesnt apply to them because they are above it. They pull you over and read you the riot act like they would never do anything like that. My cousin is a cop.. I watch that sonofabitch do wheelies down the freeway, speed and drive worse than I ever have.. guess what? his record is clean and I have 7 points.. Im not saying we should be able to do whatever we want but that cop should have just wrote him for like 15 over or something instead of putting the hammer to him. Im done ranting.. I expect more responses like yours because everyone is better until they get pulled over and harrassed one day just because the're bike looks fast.. than maybe, they'll change their tune

·
South Side Hitmen
2,214 Posts
Re: Re: Frak!!!!!!

over_dose said:
dude,

good luck
:butt :butt :2bitchsla

·
Bikeless, but looking!!
685 Posts
There are alot of GOOD cops out there. Just because a few pull you over or are dicks to you doesn't mean all cops are bad or do bad things. I feel your pain on the ticket. I hope everything goes well for you and Good luck In Court!!:thumbup

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
You should of ran, after all you have R1

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
does anybody know about how easy it is to acquire a lawyer for these types of things? also how spendy is it? i think most offices are closed today but i am going to have to check em out tommorow

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey, u don't know where those COPS were going. They may have been responding to an emergency call, right down the street, possibly one of YOUR family members.

Don't make a judgement that you know nothing about. You have a perception of what they were doing, or what it appeared they were doing, but appearences (and perceptions) can be deceiving. You really have NO idea what or where they were going or for what for.

Give them a break.

Tarl

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Frak!!!!!!

over_dose said:
this is exactly the kinda response I am talking about. WTF? Im riding along the other day and a cop comes flying out of a parking lot without looking. Luckily he saw me at the last moment and slammed on the brakes 1/2 way in the middle of the street or we both would have been toast. He than proceeds to fly out behind me with his buddy and rides my ass. I am doing like 4 over the speed limit. They wait till I move over one lane than proceed to do 80+ in a 45 till they reach the light. They stop for a second, flip the lights on .. then away they go. These guys werent after someone, they were just abusing their power. They just came out from the police station I passed and were begining their night on duty. I have dozens of stories like this. let me know and I can post em. Cop's suk. the law doesnt apply to them because they are above it. They pull you over and read you the riot act like they would never do anything like that. My cousin is a cop.. I watch that sonofabitch do wheelies down the freeway, speed and drive worse than I ever have.. guess what? his record is clean and I have 7 points.. Im not saying we should be able to do whatever we want but that cop should have just wrote him for like 15 over or something instead of putting the hammer to him. Im done ranting.. I expect more responses like yours because everyone is better until they get pulled over and harrassed one day just because the're bike looks fast.. than maybe, they'll change their tune
Amen brotha! I went for highway patrol and after all the BS dicided it wasnt for me so my career choice changed. There are good cops out there but for every good one there is a bad one too. But that goes without saying.....for everytime you get pulled over for something really stupid, or something that you werent guilty of in some cases, there are about 5 times as many cases where we did something stupid and got away with it. That stuff comes back to haunt you either way. I have eluded the cops more times than I can count but now, thats the last thing I want to so . For me it isnt "fun" anymore. I just do my thing, mind my own buisiness ans I am really really choosey when I show my a$$.

·
Formley known as slutty
5,183 Posts
cops suck and I dont have a licensce!!!! never drunk and drove spending more than 2 G on a laywer. Its all the systems fault. I AM A VICTOM!!!! next time run

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
slutty22 said:
cops suck and I dont have a licensce!!!! never drunk and drove spending more than 2 G on a laywer. Its all the systems fault. I AM A VICTOM!!!! next time run
haha were you drunk when you wrote that?? LOL j/k:bow

·
Formley known as slutty
5,183 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
haha were you drunk when you wrote that?? LOL j/k:bow

NAAAAA Im just an iliderate without a licensce:riding

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
slutty22 said:
NAAAAA Im just an iliderate without a licensce:riding
lol

do what every good man should do while in your situation.....

ride any damn way! FTP..lol:finger

·
Formley known as slutty
5,183 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
lol

do what every good man should do while in your situation.....

ride any damn way! FTP..lol:finger
second time HTV next time I get pulled over driving I go to prison....Funny thing is I never got 1 notice stating that my licensce was suspended.....Dont like the poky....so I stay ou from behind the wheel.....looks like Ill be doing track days this year.

·
You think you can keep up?!
652 Posts
DJTHEMAC said:
You're focked. Better not screw around. Get a lawyer fast!

There's a difference between the law and the real law. A lawyer might be able to get it knocked down from a criminal offence. I don't know what the penalty is there but in PA it's 6 month suspension of license minimum :fact (and that's for 30mph over).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts