Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Letzroll
1,122 Posts
It's argued back and forth over and over if the "no-cuts" are any good or not but I installed the Shogun "no-cuts" and bar ends and like them. No I haven't crash tested them and hope I don't but I've mostly heard good things about them from people that actually went down with them on their bikes.

My R6 also has the Shoguns and my wife dropped it in the driveway at a very low speed and they paid for themselves right then and there...they worked.

·
Shamalama Dingdong
221 Posts
$216 :scared
Yea, they are expensive, but I also firmly believe they are the best. I have not tested them out personally, but I read many, many, positive reviews about them before I purchased (and never once a negative review).

Shoguns or R&G are good alternatives from what I hear.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
the no cuts are nearly as good as cuts, but not quite. The kicker is this...IT'S ONLY A SAFEGUARD ANYWAY. As long as you have sliders imo you are doing it right. If your bike hits a curb, goes end over end, hits a solid object, etc...then sliders won't do much of anything. They are only a safeguard so as long as you have a decent pair then you are on the right path imo...

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
IT'S ONLY A SAFEGUARD ANYWAY.
:yesnod

IMHO Frame sliders only help with drops. E.g. you forget to put the kickstand down and hop off the bike. :bash (come on, we've all done it at some stage!)

Or, like what I stupidly did the other day, slipped while pulling out of the car wash joint and put her down at about 2kmph. The damn clutch wasn't even out! :no

I wouldn't ride with out them though. My bike was parked till I got a replacement slider, fairings are just too expensive (here anyway).

My $0.02

·
Humble Pastafarian
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I know they are only a safe guard from mostly stupid stuff like tip overs, etc. Just wondering if it's worth it to chop up the plastics to go with direct mounted ones.
Who makes sliders that do require chopping the fairing? Vortex?

·
Fearless respect is the key
12 Posts
Ultimate Sliders for a price

These are by far the best Frame sliders i've ever seen. Yeah that are pricey, but if you're like me and your bike is like another child...then you won't mind in the long run. They look fabulous and completely functional. I'll drop a few photos and a link to them. Hope you think about your sacrifice before it you make it. And before i get the question on what are the ones near the shifter...they are called clutch sliders for those who don't know. No such thing as a stupid question, just an uninformed one.

http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=254

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.