Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Palomar is my happy place
24 Posts
I have some Shogun sliders also and they are great. They are soft which causes them to grind down easily bringing the bike to a stop faster.

·
Chrome won't get u home!
76 Posts
Has anyone actually seen a bike flip or grind into the ground with metal frame sliders? Seems to me like everyone has heard of it happening, anyone have after pics of a bike that went down with them on?

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
Has anyone actually seen a bike flip or grind into the ground with metal frame sliders? Seems to me like everyone has heard of it happening, anyone have after pics of a bike that went down with them on?

Its just common sense.... Nylon melts, metal digs. Your sliders are supost give. Theres a lot better chance of not only flipping the bike, but breaking off your engine mount.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had sato frame sliders. Lowsided at mid ohio at about 50-60mph. Slider snapped right off the bracket and bracket bent. Wont be buying them again. Plastic is all fecked bar end is fecked and swingarm as well. Im gunna give the shoguns a shot

·
Chrome won't get u home!
76 Posts
Its just common sense.... Nylon melts, metal digs. Your sliders are supost give. Theres a lot better chance of not only flipping the bike, but breaking off your engine mount.....
Wasn't asking about common sense, I was asking for proof. Just seems like everyone hates on metal frame sliders and says they make bikes do all sorts of acrobats, but no one has actually seen this happen.

·
STUNTASTICALLY NOICE!!
1,238 Posts
I actually have extended frame sliders from Freestyle Ingenuity. They are kinda strange looking at first, but ive seen bikes with them go down (minor)... and they do their job.

·
just a little road rash
961 Posts
I loved my frame sliders they saved my bike when i dropped it while washing it. it fell right on the slider

·
1,763 Posts
Wasn't asking about common sense, I was asking for proof. Just seems like everyone hates on metal frame sliders and says they make bikes do all sorts of acrobats, but no one has actually seen this happen.

Its not my opinion, its fact..... Metal digs, plastic melts. I choose to go with one that has a smaller chance of less damage happening....... Just me thou....

·
You smell that? No seriously.
469 Posts
hey guys, i got a question, anyone know if the R6 engine mounting bolt is the same size as the 07 R1? The reason i ask is the dumb ass clerk at my moto shop ordered me the R6 ones. I got them right as winter started and didnt get a chance to really look at them until now. Their return policy is 12 freaking days, so if me going in their irate doesnt work i'm stuck with these damn things... I figure i'll try and instal them later anyway, i just thought if anyone here knew off the top of their head i could potentially save some time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe you could give us a few examples of brands to buy?:dunno It appears the ones I have might be sh!t then. Carbon Fiber appearance with Aluminum end caps:2bitchsla
I had a set of these and they worked great. The metal tips broke off on impact
and then the plastic melted and saved my bike. I bought them again. :thumbup

·
Eat right,stay fit,die anyway
120 Posts
I know I'm a little behind the times here. But I just figured I would throw it out there. There is a company called Motovation. They make some very impressive sliders. Have put alot of research into them, and seem to be a good product. They are made with delrin however are not completely delrin.

·
1,763 Posts
I'm tempted to get a pair of $20 no-cut sliders from d2moto.com, but I'm just too afraid lol. Anyone ever heard of these? I'm sure they'll snap like a twig...
http://www.d2moto.com/p-4975-2007-2008-yamaha-yzf-r1-no-cut-carbon-frame-sliders.aspx

No cuts equal no work.... Unless you spend the money on a set that mount at 2 points. Thats the only no cut Id ever thinking about protecting my ol girl. Spend the money on a good set and when you throw it down the road or just drop it in your driveway, youll be thanking yourself........:)

·
My other bike is your sister
7,419 Posts
Spend the money on a good set and when you throw it down the road or just drop it in your driveway, youll be thanking yourself........:)
+1 Shoguns WORK. I know, my Shoguns weren't dropped in the driveway, they were highsided down the track at speed and held up awesome.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts