Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Back on The Horse!
210 Posts
Had the no-cut Shoguns on my 09 when it got totalled. Needless to say I could have re-used the aluminum bases and just bolted up new (un-melted) sliders lol. I was very impressed with them. No frame damage whatsoever and I dropped it at about 35-40 then hit a guardrail...

I was originally a Shogun hater and thought they were Chinese made junk, but no more. If you see the machining quality of the 09+ R1 no-cut shoguns I guarentee you will be impressed, they hug the frame very well to prevent damage, and didn't bend one bit on impact with the guardrail.

+1 Shogun!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice to hear. I got the shoguns on there now (bought bike with them on). I was really looking at the Motovation ones, but they are 215 bucks.

Does anyone have opinions or experence with the Motovations?

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
Nice to hear. I got the shoguns on there now (bought bike with them on). I was really looking at the Motovation ones, but they are 215 bucks.

Does anyone have opinions or experence with the Motovations?

Moti's are great sliders...... As long as you have a good nylon slider with a good bolt, youll be fine. Ill just never put a no-cut on my bike unless they mount at 2 different spots like some.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have actually had some of the same questions on my thread in the appearances threads. I was looking for no-cuts as I don't really want to go drilling holes in my fairings all willy-nilly, I'm not so great with a Dremel and the shop want $70 to install them. :s

·
Louisville-Sportbikes.com
1,763 Posts
I have actually had some of the same questions on my thread in the appearances threads. I was looking for no-cuts as I don't really want to go drilling holes in my fairings all willy-nilly, I'm not so great with a Dremel and the shop want $70 to install them. :s

Dont try to Dremel them, just get a hole saw and let it cut it for you. You just have to make sure its in the right spot. The hole will look factory cut.

·
Dreaming of the road
45 Posts
41 - 51 of 51 Posts