Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Graphics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
*CAUTION*
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

here is a pic of the new paint i just sprayed this weekend. i know someone will be cussing me out for painting over carbon fiber but the panels had too many flaws to fix and keep that look, besides i like the YAMAHA blue better.....(with a twist)...:jump

so what do you think???

i will be doing some white and silver graphics, what should they be?? i was thinking maybe a little tribal to break up the blue paint. or something different?

with all the motor, brake and suspension work done...
remember i am going for show, bike has enough go.....

Attachments

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
i would probably go with tribal to be different.

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
i dont know I would have tried to incoorperate some spots where the carbon fiber would shine through in the graphics, that way people would see that the bodywork is made from carbon

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
thats easy. mask off whatever you want your design to be.

take my bike for example. everything silver, tape off. then paint everything. then clear it all.

that way you have carbon fiber flames :)

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts
like jray said you should tapeoff an area and let the carbon shine through....on my friends sti we got a carbon trunk and we masked off the sti symbol so his trunk was all blue with the sti symbol in carbon
we also did an s2000 with carbon doors and left the jams un painted... just some ideas.

id mask it off so you leave the R1 symbol in carbon thats my .02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.