Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok to make a long story short.. i crashed my r1 at about 65mph.. after spending alot of money i have just about everything "new and used" the motor was fine and the bike still ran when i got out of the hospital. i replaced the Tank.. thats fine.. also let me tell u what i have in it.. i have a power commander III and full dynojet ignition. Venturi Stacks, Intake, Full two brothers exhaust. so back to the problem, the front section of the wiring harness that connects to the back of the Tach/speedo and headlights had a problem. the connector for the back of the tach was messed up.. so i bought a used harness that was pretty much perfect" or so i thought" i hooked it up turned the key on and it started smoking ! Yay! i immediately unplugged it.. upon closer inspection i saw that 1 small connecter for the little 194 bulbs was missing hence the Short.. so i took the connector off the new now fried harness and put it on my old one.. so now my old one has a new connector for the back of the tach.. well i plugged it in and i dont get the "Fax Machine sound" anymore lol. my tail light comes on but doesnt brighten when i hit the brakes.. it wont start... the tach wont light up.. nothing. so im pretty sure i blew a relay... or fuse... i changed both the relays on the front harness but i have no idea where or if i have a fuse panel i didnt see it.... can anyone help me?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Uhhh, it does not light up when there is power to it? I mean, you can't start the engine so the bike can not supply the power so, then did you have the little mobile power source {9volt} plugged in?
Other than that, can't really help you...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.