Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started ordering parts for my new 00 r1. the bike didnt come with turn signals

i picked up a pair of front winex led turn signals and when trying to mount them noticed that the stock wiring has 3 wires (black, green, blue/red), whereas the blinkers have only 2 (green, blue). tried playin around with it for a few but couldnt get them to work. anyway how can i wire these lights to work?

also bought an integrated taillight from ebay nextlevel, havent even looked at it yet, just wondering if there are any tips on that as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i started ordering parts for my new 00 r1. the bike didnt come with turn signals

i picked up a pair of front winex led turn signals and when trying to mount them noticed that the stock wiring has 3 wires (black, green, blue/red), whereas the blinkers have only 2 (green, blue). tried playin around with it for a few but couldnt get them to work. anyway how can i wire these lights to work?

also bought an integrated taillight from ebay nextlevel, havent even looked at it yet, just wondering if there are any tips on that as well.

Congrats on the purchase mate! They are a monster bike - so much torque!

I was in the same boat as you when I got mine a couple months back. Can't remember which wires I hooked up, but the front ones worked for me straight away.

The integrated tail light is pretty simple, just follow the instructions - the hardest part is deciding where to mount the resistors - i put them down inside the sub-frame & had the wires running back from it.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Ash

·
Registered
25 Posts
The stock harness has 3 wires because the factory set up had them on at all times (like running lights.) I can?t remember what wires I ended up putting together. Just try different combinations and you?ll figure it out. Plug two in and then try your turn singles. You will find out which one is your running light as soon as you get power to it.
It?s not to bad. Good luck

·
Time to Ride.
1,414 Posts
just did this on my bike not that long ago, the green and black are the wires you need to use, the blue is running lights if my memory serves me correctly.

Is the taillight you bought an LED one? Just as an FYI if you run a LED taillight integrator and LED front turnsignals the general concensus on this site seems to be that you cannot get rid of the "fast flash" this causes (I tried for two weeks and I couldnt do it). This doesnt bother some people but it drove me nuts so I changed the fronts back to bulbs and the signals went back to flahing at the normal rate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.