Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale Brembo GP4-RR calipers.

High end racing monobloc calipers.

Excellent state, just back from Brembo Italy for servicing. The calipers have not been used since the servicing.

Only used for trackdays, never been used in races.

Sold with the spacers. Compatible with all japanese bikes.

Sold with Brembo Z04 pads in very good state.

2300 euros / 1940 BP

Located in France.

Shipping possible.

·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,425 Posts
These caliper do not fit a 98-03 Yamaha R1 without proper caliper mounting hard ware. Also crazy pricing :eek:

·
Super Moderator
24,106 Posts
Ben, I changed the title to reflect all years due to the OP stating that these calipers were compatible with all japanese bikes. I have removed 98-03 from the title. Thanks for posting. (y)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They don't fit on the 2015-2020 R1 either without the spacers, which are provided. What I meant with respect to "all japanese bikes" is because of the 108 mm spacing. I did not know that the spacers are specific to the 2015+ R1. Are you sure ? I thought this was pretty standard. Sorry about that, I did not want to be misleading anybody.

As for the pricing, well, they are like new, retail for 3400 USD at Oppracing (without the required spacers and without the brake pads). These are just back from Brembo Italy (invoice provided), all joints, screws etc...have been changed (almost 350 USD for the servicing), and sold with only lightly used Brembo Z04 pads (244 USD new)...so I don't think that the price is crazy...

·
What's a motorcycle?
1,113 Posts
What a sensational kit. Have a free bump on a great price for some VERY trick monobloc calipers. So sexxxxyyyyyyyy

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just had my mechanic James Woods install these GP4-RX Nickel Brembo’s and I only paid $1,449 for them. Why are the monoblock brake calipers more expensive than these.....?? I thought these were the best series of brakes by Brembo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
View attachment 1010533 I just had my mechanic James Woods install these GP4-RX Nickel Brembo’s and I only paid $1,449 for them. Why are the monoblock brake calipers more expensive than these.....?? I thought these were the best series of brakes by Brembo.

The monoblocs are much more stable in strong braking as there is no linkage, so no parasiting movements, but more difficult to manufacture. You will see that most if not all high-end calipers are monoblock. You have the same with the master cylinders, also with price difference. The GP4-RX also have smaller pistons (32/32 vs 32/36 on the RR). GP4-RX pistons are aluminium. GP4-RR are titanium. So the price difference is not only due to the fact that they are monobloc. So all in all you pay much more but you also pay for much better braking power and feel. The GP4-RX are a nice upgrade compared to OEM but they are not true racing calipers. On the other hand, they are cheaper that's for sure, so they remain a great choice depending on what one is looking for ! I am sure you will enjoy them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But the stock Brembo monoblock calipers are only $800 that’s what I was confused about.
Yes, but being monoblock does not make the hole thing. It depends also for instance on the fabrication process, ie what margins of errors are considered acceptable (the more accurate the better they will perform...but the more expensive the manufacturing process), the kind of aluminium that i used to make them lighter, how they are designed for cooling, pistons size and material (for instance, if you look at the Brembo Moto2 calipers, you can purchase them for...$8000 the pair...the pistons are even bigger, titanium 34/38 and "perforated" for better cooling)... Honestly, stock Brembo monoblocks are nothing special. The ones that were on the s1000rr HP4 for instance (M4) were an upgrade to the basics but not like day and night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts