Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am selling a FlashTune interface that works on 07-08 Yamaha R1's or 06-12 Yamaha R6's. Sold the bike so I no longer need! $250 shipped.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,674 Posts
This is an original ft interface. If it is plugged into a computer running the current version of the software it will be bricked.

The real question for the seller is is this one bricked already? If not do you have an outweighs copy of the software that works with this interface? How do you get around the auto update feature and the checking a server problem?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) It is not bricked.
2) I would have absolutely no reason to believe that a company would sell a product and eventually make it to where it would brick itself in the future.
3) I haven't used this in probably 7 years. And the original software is probably on my previous computer.

·
10,674 Posts
1) OK buyer beware.
2) yes we are all very unhappy, but at the time anyone who wanted to trade it in, ft replaced them with the current version.
3) that is very close to the time this all went down....

·
Super Moderator
24,529 Posts
1) OK buyer beware.
2) yes we are all very unhappy, but at the time anyone who wanted to trade it in, ft replaced them with the current version.
3) that is very close to the time this all went down....
THIS!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tad. Quit throwing shade on my post. I don't need to scam someone for a couple hundred dollars and don't try to insinuate that I'm doing it maliciously. If you want to provide some legitimate information and not "that's really close to when this all went down" then please do. If not, get out of here.

·
Super Moderator
24,529 Posts
Tad is our expert when it comes to all R1 things being flashed. He did not insinuate anything but obviously you took it that way. This is a forum where everyone has the right to comment and give opinions... so if you don't like that... you can get out of here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't care if he is an "expert".

"Buyer beware" - Unnecessary comment
"that is very close to the time this all went down...." - This is implying like I know this happened.

He could have easily provided information about what happened in a better way. I used this thing one time to flash my bike A LONG time ago and it's been sitting in my garage ever since.

So now I will contact the company to see what they can do.

And no, I won't get out of here. ;).

·
10,674 Posts
That is your word and there is no way to prove it, so buyer beware.

The real issue here is that I really don't think there is any way to use it. You would have to provide the buyer with a very old installer file. That installer would have to be installed on a computer that would NEVER connect to the internet, because we know the software phones home. And the buyer could not use any of the FT ECU images that are posted for download currently because they are not backward comparable.

What I am trying to say is that you should not sell it, unless the buyer knows all of this and thinks they might still know what they are getting themselves into.

These for sale threads come up every now and then and the sellers usually take them down.

If you don't I think Kevap should, unless it is goodwill.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts