Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my Flash Tune 2.2.5, because selling my R1 soon.
$250 shipped USPS.

Thanks for looking

Attachments

· Owner of the color changing R1
16,775 Posts
tempting...very very tempting. but still would need to buy a license to be able to use it on my ECU which would be another $100. basically puts it almost at the brand new cost

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tempting...very very tempting. but still would need to buy a license to be able to use it on my ECU which would be another $100. basically puts it almost at the brand new cost
So there might an exchange coming up I will be calling Flash Tune tomorrow to get the newer unit for free. I will keep everyone posted tomorrow.

16,775 Posts
awesome. did you just never update your software or something? or just flashed once and was done?
if youve never done the update to the software then you're probably good with flashing your ECU back to stock..if you're wanting to do that.
i dont know how FT works that way. but that could possibly mean with the new harness and software update whoever buys your setup could possibly get a license for their ECU by default of the updates items. if thats the case I call DIBS!! hahaha.

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome. did you just never update your software or something? or just flashed once and was done?
if youve never done the update to the software then you're probably good with flashing your ECU back to stock..if you're wanting to do that.
i dont know how FT works that way. but that could possibly mean with the new harness and software update whoever buys your setup could possibly get a license for their ECU by default of the updates items. if thats the case I call DIBS!! hahaha.

Yeah that is exactly flashed it once and never did anything for a couple years. Now I am selling my R1 and the buyer will never use this so I am selling it. I will keep you posted.

16,775 Posts
cool ask them about the license thing while you got them on the phone too. if they do say that new software and the new cables will lock the whatever ECU its hooked to first then fvck yeah ill buy it for the price your asking....shit. i gotta stop spending money haha. just had to buy a new phone yesterday since mine just decided to stop turning on

also. in regards to your ECU. I would honestly keep it flashed for the new buyer. the stock ECU sucked balls. you'd be doing them a huge favor keeping it flashed.

· Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cool ask them about the license thing while you got them on the phone too. if they do say that new software and the new cables will lock the whatever ECU its hooked to first then fvck yeah ill buy it for the price your asking....shit. i gotta stop spending money haha. just had to buy a new phone yesterday since mine just decided to stop turning on

also. in regards to your ECU. I would honestly keep it flashed for the new buyer. the stock ECU sucked balls. you'd be doing them a huge favor keeping it flashed.
Yeah I will have a list of questions, no worries you are first in line for this. I will let you know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.