Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Folks I'm selling my Ohlins FGRT 808 front forks, they have 6k miles on them and only used for street riding no Track duty. Spring rate is 1.05 These forks also have 10mm of extra travel compared to stock FGRT 808 for a total of 130MM of travel. Great for liter bikes.

1600 or BO

Attachments

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Banky,

Yes, they have the 25mm cartridge in them. Plus I had the travel extended to 130 MM.

Stan

Did you have your 25mm ohlins carts inside these forks?

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The big reason for these forks is the big reduction on stiction, where stock ones don't come close. Just FYI.

Stan

Damn. Too stiff. I need a .90 or .95

I’ve already priced how much it would cost to revalve and I’m better off buying a used set of forks with what I need in them already.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much do you weigh?

Stan

Damn. Too stiff. I need a .90 or .95

I’ve already priced how much it would cost to revalve and I’m better off buying a used set of forks with what I need in them already.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SBU is a great Shop/Group of Guys. They do all my suspension work for me. Class A+

Stan

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
Did you have your 25mm ohlins carts inside these forks?
I’m trying to understand the question here?? What cartridges do these come with stock??? I know they sell cartridge kits to install in stock forks to make them like the ohlins forks so I’m trying to figure out what comes in the fgrt series?? Are all of the fgrt series the same cartridge or are some 25mm and some 30mm. What other cartridges would be in them besides the ones they came with??

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jaketheone,

These forks came with Ohlins 25mm Cartridges installed, which means that each leg has rebound and compression. They worked perfectly on my old 09 R1 for what is worth and these have an extra 10 MM of Travel which is huge.

Stan

I’m trying to understand the question here?? What cartridges do these come with stock??? I know they sell cartridge kits to install in stock forks to make them like the ohlins forks so I’m trying to figure out what comes in the fgrt series?? Are all of the fgrt series the same cartridge or are some 25mm and some 30mm. What other cartridges would be in them besides the ones they came with??

·
Just happy to be here...
1,748 Posts
I thought the Ohlins Forks came with the GAS carts, but they do not, they are Road and Track forks that use oil based 25mm carts.

you have 25mm oil and 25mm gas, and now you have 30mm Nix which is oil.

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Twisty Roads for me!
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump bump

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
4 Participants
stan1
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing