Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1998 Blue and White R1, NY title, located in New Paltz, NY.

5100 miles.

This was my dream bike for a decade and a half, and I finally got it two years ago. I spent time getting it just right (see below). I love the way it looks, but it's too intense for the street.

Always garaged, lived in rural NJ for years. No 2nd gear issues, everything works perfectly. Up until two years ago it was on the original tires.

Completely stock--right down to warning stickers, except for corbin seat.

The bike gleams. The engine covers, wheels, frame, subframe, etc, all gleam. It's never been down or ridden in the rain, etc.

It's not *quite* perfect. issues: an approximately 1.5" scratch on the large R1 sticker on the right side of the tail. The rear tire has a plug in it from a screw (it works fine); a brand new tire is included. There is a horizontal scratch, perhaps 7" long, on the right side of the fairing lower (see pictures), and there is some bubbling on the lowest stickers on the lowest part of the right side of the fairing lower.

Original exhaust, original bodywork, stock jetting, etc.

Maintenance in 2013 @ 4000 miles:

Carburetor clean--idles perfectly
K&N Oil Filter
Mobil 1 10w-40
New coolant
New brake fluid
New Metzeler M5 Interact tires (extra rear included)
New EBC EPFA sintered brake pads

Maintenance April 2015 @ 5100 miles:
Replace float bowl gaskets, idle jets, and needle valve assemblies with OEM yamaha nitrile rubber parts (resists ethanol).
new shorai lithium battery.

Service manual and original toolkit included.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.