Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this set of Used bodywork recently as a spare. Don't need it anymore so it's up for sale. This would be a perfect set for someone looking to go to the track and don't want to break the bank in the process. Body work is decent. No cracks but there are a few spots the gel coat has lifted (see pictures). Drilled and ready to mount. Tail section is complete with a killer seat! Bodywork has primer but would need to to be prepped if your going to paint it.

Bodywork comes as pictures. No windscreen. No front fender. No fasteners. I have included a picture of the bodywork mounted on my bike so you have an idea of what this will look like. Clearly this bike is not included in the sale. Crazy that i even have to write that. ;)

I'll be at Buttonwillow raceway this weekend (Sunday 5th and Monday 6th) if you'd like to pick at the track.

PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

·
Venom X/O
25,561 Posts
Can you tell me if the seat pan is removable? Belly pan capacity? Thanks
Belly pan capacity on this set is over 4L and the seat is removable but I don’t believe theirs access to the battery area through the seat pan.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I mean I’ve never shipped it but I’ve had many of them shipped to me. The most recent example would be the bodywork I bought for my R6. It was sent from the Czech Republic for 169 euros.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You’ve never shipped bodywork eh?
I have But unfortunately I do not have an account with fedex or ups. That number was from doing a general quote on their website with only a destination zip. You clearly have more knowledge than I do. Use the box dimensions 36x24x24 to be super accurate m..kay. Maybe you can help (sarcasm)

·
Venom X/O
25,561 Posts
I have But unfortunately I do not have an account with fedex or ups. That number was from doing a general quote on their website with only a destination zip. You clearly have more knowledge than I do. Use the box dimensions 36x24x24 to be super accurate m..kay. Maybe you can help (sarcasm)
Actually that quote was for him not you, meaning he didn’t realize how expensive shipping bodywork was… I was siding with you…

·
Venom X/O
25,561 Posts
FYI pre-pandemic pricing for me to ship a set of race bodywork from Florida to Colorado was $225 via UPS. Im sure prices are higher since trucking is still down 20%

·
Registered
12 Posts
This has turned into a whole different thing. I just thought the seller was being silly with me just to have some fun, that’s all.
It ain’t no problem I’ll just order a new set from where I usually get it from.
Good luck with the sale, brother.

·
Venom X/O
25,561 Posts
This has turned into a whole different thing. I just thought the seller was being silly with me just to have some fun, that’s all.
It ain’t no problem I’ll just order a new set from where I usually get it from.
Good luck with the sale, brother.
I hear ya. Bodywork is expensive to ship for the little guy. He’s not some giant black warehouse with a fedex contract or anything, so they take him to the cleaners to take up that much space shipping. I wish him luck too, hopefully with a local sale maybe.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the offer JT but selling the oem plastics as a full kit. I tried calling you guys for windscreen but couldn't get a hold of anyone. Ended up WRS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the offer JT but selling the oem plastics as a full kit. I tried calling you guys for windscreen but couldn't get a hold of anyone. Ended up WRS.
Yeah, it's been a struggle to get a bike here ever since Covid all the dealerships are hording bikes to sell. We just released the new screens Yamaha YZF R1 / R1M 2021

So to keep QC tight we are looking for upper cowling only .

If you know someone pass it along please.
Thanks,
JT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts