Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hi, I'm a PC
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to type out the whole life story about my bike and its excellent condition if no one really cares to buy it. So here are the quick facts...if you are seriously interested please PM me and I will give you the whole scoop.

The facts:
2002 Titainium Grey Road Star Warrior 1670cc
16,500 miles
Never been down and well maintained.
$6,500.00

Mods:
Air kit
Vance & Hines Pro-pipe
Powercommander

Located in Las Vegas, Nevada but I am willing to deliver to parts of Arizona, California, and Utah.

I am willing to break down the cost into 3 or 4 payments if it will help sell the bike.

Here is a crappy picture of the bike...I have more I can email.

Attachments

·
Hi, I'm a PC
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't get me wrong fellas...I love this bike. 16,000+ miles should tell you that (All with the stock seat too!). I am selling it because insurance is just to expensive with my R1 and the Warrior. One of them has to go.

·
Hi, I'm a PC
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
02RedR1 said:
interested in trades for a 636?
I might consider something like that because I do have a friend who is looking for another sportbike. I could trade with you and then sell to him if he is interested. I know he was really looking for a liter bike but who knows. What is the year, color, milage, general condition? PM me.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Nice to see you replaced the missing fender stay bolt since the first picture...
Good price. Did the transmission and tank recalls get performed, there's no mention of them in your ad?

·
Hi, I'm a PC
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JPWarrior said:
Nice to see you replaced the missing fender stay bolt since the first picture...
Good price. Did the transmission and tank recalls get performed, there's no mention of them in your ad?
Actually I had two bolts rattle out. I lost one of the fender stay bolts going to Laguna Seca for MotoGP and I lost one of the left side cover bolts a few days later. Which is why I originally had no left side picture. Sometimes you forget how much that bike is rattling with that solid mounted engine. :)

The recalls have all been done...On ebay I answered a question about the recall and its posted at the bottom of the page. Must be hard to see though because a lot of people ask me about that.

I got to tell you, I'm gonna miss this bike. I really wish the wife would let me keep both. I'm impressed I even lasted this long with two bikes. Still, its a better end then crashing it and totalling it or something. I leave the Road Star Warrior with only the best of memories. I rode the heck out of that bike and I hope the next owner does the same. Rain, snow, 120 degree heat, and even a bit of hail. That bike has been ridden through it all but she still looks sexy and never let me down once. Been through 7 back tires on that thing twice they went flat because of all the construction garbage on our Las Vegas freeways.

I don't drink alcohol so here is a root beer to all the great times I have had on that bike. I will miss her.
:beer

:fork :fork :fork

·
Hi, I'm a PC
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well the bike sold on ebay and the person who bought it is taking me up on my payment plan deal which is great. I just got the deposit the other day. The high bidder on the auction lives near by so he came to check it out last Sunday night. I was expecting some big biker dude who was ready to test ride the beast. Instead what showed up at my door was a young woman and her dad. At first I even thought the bike was for her dad....nope...it's going to be hers. I'm not real good at guessing ages but I thought she looked between 17 - 19 years old. That was the first surprise of the night...the second surprise came when she told me she has never ridden a bike before, and has no motorcycle license. Her dad has quite a bit of riding experiance and helped her choose this as a first bike (I have no idea why). Anyway, I don't really have a choice but to sell her the bike since it was done on ebay and all. She told me she is planning on taking the MSF course to get her license and all and she seems like a good kid but that course does not really teach you how to handle a 650lbs+ motorcycle on the street. I just thought I would share this with you guys. One thing for sure...if she didn't have a boyfriend before it wont take long with that bad to the bone bike...unless she scares them all away. :)

·
Blue Pride
1,180 Posts
Yikes! Congrats on the sale of the bike. I know what you mean, I would have a hard time selling a bike like that in that kind of situation. Maybe Dad is planning on her not liking the bike so he can buy it from her. :dunno

·
Hi, I'm a PC
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can only hope she takes it real slow and doesn't do anything stupid. I feel like I can trust her more because she is a chick and they tend to do less stupid things then guys do, so that makes me feel a bit better. The bike is powerful but its not exactly "fast" compared to modern sport bikes. Like I said if she takes it easy I think she will be ok... nothing I can really do about it now. At least it is another chick on a bike...not enough of those, thats for sure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts