Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Administrator
27,554 Posts
So you have a 6 year old helmet that has supposively never been used? Can you explain why the label on the visor looks like it's been removed and put back on what looks like more than 1 time?

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you have a 6 year old helmet that has supposively never been used? Can you explain why the label on the visor looks like it's been removed and put back on what looks like more than 1 time?
Yes this is brand new. Basically story behind it is I work at a shop that recently acquired another shop that has been closed for a few years due to the owner passing away. So everything in that shop just sat there for a few years while the children were going through legal battles ect. As far as the sticker goes I would imagine an edge peeled up and sticker has fallen off multiple times. I can say this is def a new unused helmet and anyone interested that would like further pics to prove its new I have no problem sending. Wish it was a large I'd keep it for myself!

· Administrator
27,554 Posts
Yes this is brand new. Basically story behind it is I work at a shop that recently acquired another shop that has been closed for a few years due to the owner passing away. So everything in that shop just sat there for a few years while the children were going through legal battles ect. As far as the sticker goes I would imagine an edge peeled up and sticker has fallen off multiple times. I can say this is def a new unused helmet and anyone interested that would like further pics to prove its new I have no problem sending. Wish it was a large I'd keep it for myself!
So how exactly did you obtain this helmet? Did you purchase it? If so, what else did you buy? Are you going to be selling those items as well? :dunno

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Used or unused doesn't really matter at this point, still out of date.
I understand it is out of the 5 year recommended use window that's why I purposely put up pic of d ring. I personally would still feel confident in using it as a track helmet. I don't believe the materials have broken down sitting on a shelf but hey everyone has different opinions. That's why its OBO, if anyone wants a high end helmet for cheap just make an offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.