·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #685
How long does it take to ship to BC?
It's been two weeks already.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Sending you a PM right now, usually the Canadian orders are pretty quick, but sometimes Canada Customs delays the packages a little.

I'll double check the tracking for you.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
You can never have enough spare keys, meant for USA model R1's of all years.

Simply take your current key and this Euro Yamaha key to your locksmith, have it cut, and enjoy the nicer looking key while putting away your stock one as a spare.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #695
yeh they do, but i saw u mentioned something about an imobiliser? do these keys have chips in them so u can program them with the red master key and ecu of the bike?
The chips have been removed from these. We carry chipped keys from time to time, but have no stock at the moment.

·
YEEEEEEE!!!!!
1,980 Posts
So I ordered a couple of these keys a few weeks back. I brought them into a locksmith to have them cut, (as recommended) and he was having a hell of a time. Halfway through the cutting process, the key actually bent, and is now useless. He had blank keys at his shop that fit my R1, and he managed to cut those ones just fine!

Please don't take this post the wrong way! I'm not saying the keys are garbage. It's very possible that he just screwed it up. I still have the other blank key I bought from you and I plan on taking it to a different locksmith. Hopefully I get a better result! The first locksmith said the keys seemed real cheap and flimsy. Anyone else have any problems with these keys being cut?

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #697
So I ordered a couple of these keys a few weeks back. I brought them into a locksmith to have them cut, (as recommended) and he was having a hell of a time. Halfway through the cutting process, the key actually bent, and is now useless. He had blank keys at his shop that fit my R1, and he managed to cut those ones just fine!

Please don't take this post the wrong way! I'm not saying the keys are garbage. It's very possible that he just screwed it up. I still have the other blank key I bought from you and I plan on taking it to a different locksmith. Hopefully I get a better result! The first locksmith said the keys seemed real cheap and flimsy. Anyone else have any problems with these keys being cut?
I wouldn't have any issues with sending you out a new key, but I'd try looking for a new locksmith. We've been providing these keys for almost 5-6 years, never had any issues, and if anyone had issues, we have always stood behind the products we offer.

Sorry for any troubles you are having, send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll get a new one on the way for you

:fork

·
YEEEEEEE!!!!!
1,980 Posts
I wouldn't have any issues with sending you out a new key, but I'd try looking for a new locksmith. We've been providing these keys for almost 5-6 years, never had any issues, and if anyone had issues, we have always stood behind the products we offer.

Sorry for any troubles you are having, send me a PM with your shipping address and I'll get a new one on the way for you

:fork
I am taking the other key to a different locksmith today. I will keep you updated! From what I can tell by reading through multiple pages of this thread, no one else seems to be having issues.....so to me....it's clearly not the key, just an incompetent locksmith!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
I am taking the other key to a different locksmith today. I will keep you updated! From what I can tell by reading through multiple pages of this thread, no one else seems to be having issues.....so to me....it's clearly not the key, just an incompetent locksmith!
Keep me posted.

·
Super Moderator
24,629 Posts
I had a key cut for my 10 r1 by a local locksmith and it worked great. When I bought my 15, the locksmith closes before I can get there after work, so I went to another. Key didn't work... so I took a 1/2 day to go have another key cut from the 1st locksmith and yup you guessed it, works perfectly.

681 - 700 of 738 Posts