Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

721 - 738 of 738 Posts

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
What sort of steel is used for these? I got mine cut, attempted to open my gas cap and it promptly got a bit of a twist in it. Me thinks the metal is softer than the original keys...it has a bronze-like tinge to it. Some brass in there?
No brass, the color is coating to make it not oxidize. I've used mine on my R6 for years, PM me if you are having issues, would be more than happy to get you a replacement one.

·
Speed Hunter
8 Posts
Hello Sir! I'm very interested in picking one of these spare keys up for my 2016 R1S. Can I order through here? Or through another website?
Also just to clarify, are these keys Genuine Factory Yamaha keys with the chips removed, or are they completely aftermarket made by a third party? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #725
Hello Sir! I'm very interested in picking one of these spare keys up for my 2016 R1S. Can I order through here? Or through another website?
Also just to clarify, are these keys Genuine Factory Yamaha keys with the chips removed, or are they completely aftermarket made by a third party? Thanks in advance!
Hello they are Canadian keys, they are sourced from Canada, and do not come with the Yamaha packaging. Canadian Yamaha's have the same keys as the Euro keys, the chips are not included with the key (you do not need chips here in the USA for them). I am sure many of the forum members can testify for these keys, since we've been offering them on the forum for many years now.

You can purchase them directly from here > https://www.motomillion.com/collections/yamaha-r1/products/euro-yamaha-blank-key

·
Speed Hunter
8 Posts
Hello they are Canadian keys, they are sourced from Canada, and do not come with the Yamaha packaging. Canadian Yamaha's have the same keys as the Euro keys, the chips are not included with the key (you do not need chips here in the USA for them). I am sure many of the forum members can testify for these keys, since we've been offering them on the forum for many years now.

You can purchase them directly from here > https://www.motomillion.com/collections/yamaha-r1/products/euro-yamaha-blank-key
Yeah I understand that U.S. Yamaha keys do not need/use chips, and that the Yamahas in Europe and in Canada do use the chips on their keys. I just wanted to confirm if they were Genuine Yamaha keys or just aftermarket made by a third party. I'm sure there are many people who would like to know that information as well.

So these are aftermarket keys you are selling, and not Genuine Yamaha.
Not trying to put them down in any way, since like you said many forum members can testify for the quality. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I order a key in blue on 12/28/2020 and I have not receive it. I will give it a week more before I send any email to them. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
24,629 Posts
Mani is an awesome vendor. He will get your key to you. I wish he was active on the forums though like he used to be.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wish I saw this thread sooner. Bought a pair of ebay ones that look identical for a very cheap price but the blue plastic feels cheap and light, almost has a semi hollow feel to them.
Do these $12 ones from Canada feel like quality and has weight to them?

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
Do these $12 ones from Canada feel like quality and has weight to them?
These keys are legit. Think of it like when you buy a cheap poker kit (your eBay keys) and the chips are light, dingy and dont sound good. Feel cheap in your hands.
Then you buy a nice kit (moto’s keys). The chips are heavy, clack together like you’re getting a lap dance in Vegas while going all in. These keys are heavy, the grip feels better than OEM, the metal is quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
These keys are legit. Think of it like when you buy a cheap poker kit (your eBay keys) and the chips are light, dingy and dont sound good. Feel cheap in your hands.
Then you buy a nice kit (moto’s keys). The chips are heavy, clack together like you’re getting a lap dance in Vegas while going all in. These keys are heavy, the grip feels better than OEM, the metal is quality.
Nice. Time to open the wallet again

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,361 Posts
....Then you buy a nice kit (moto’s keys). The chips are heavy, clack together like you’re getting a lap dance from MEN in Vegas while going all in.
This guy^^ knows quality.

Sent from Mrs. Gearheaded's phone using Tapatalk

721 - 738 of 738 Posts