Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Just happy to be here...
1,749 Posts
Here is a few picks @Kevap
The extra looped up ground wire is actually enough to replace the factory line, but I was too lazy to pull the sub frame harness to remove it from the plastic tray that contains the harness.

I didn't want to just bolt the quick disconnect to the original battery terminal lines.

Attachments

·
'16 60th Anniversary "Pikachu"
914 Posts
hmm....you dont say..... "I'm in the market...as it were...."

also...with your part out...whats up with those nice looking yellow track plastics? pm me plz :)
Sorry bud, everything is pretty much gone. Only thing left is the exhaust system.

·
Registered
367 Posts
hmm....you dont say..... "I'm in the market...as it were...."

also...with your part out...whats up with those nice looking yellow track plastics? pm me plz :)

I believe I saw those plastics back up for sale on a Facebook track day buy/sell page.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Installed the 5.0 and the bike fired right up.

The Alien Motion I have is holding voltage when freshly charged but won't under load and causes the bike to crank slowly but never start.

Debating on getting the bike specific harness.

Looking good! We have been in love with Speedcell since switching. They do a great job in every aspect.

·
Premium Member
12,123 Posts
Yes. The 5.0 is definitely enough for street use.

My bike has never started so quickly.

I have a voltage meter on my TL dash and it's never read 13.6 at idle before. Even with the Alien Motion. So I'm starting to wonder if the Alien Motion was always weak. I just thought the meter was losing voltage through the bike's harness and that's why it always read 12.8 at idle.

After installing the 5.0 SpeedCell, it's reading 13.6 at idle.

I'll post more pictures a little later.

·
Oaxaca Flocka Flame
319 Posts
ive been using the 5amp battery for a while now with no issues.

until i left the key on park :eek:wneddance: . bike is totally dead.

how boned am i? or can i charge this thing?

edit:

just bought this

http://www.superbikeunlimited.com/p...1645-speedcell-vcvv-battery-power-supply.html

hopefully its all i need. now, if anyone in san diego needs their speedcell battery topped off, bring over your battery and a few beers lol

·
R1 ate me
505 Posts
Are people having good luck with the 5 amp @SPEEDCELL battery? My only concern is starting the bike when cold. With my old Ballistic lithium ion battery, anything under 60 degrees would make about a 5 minute ordeal to get the bike started. Mine is a 2009 R1. After reading this thread it seems there is no point in going with the 7.5 amp?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Are people having good luck with the 5 amp @SPEEDCELL battery? My only concern is starting the bike when cold. With my old Ballistic lithium ion battery, anything under 60 degrees would make about a 5 minute ordeal to get the bike started. Mine is a 2009 R1. After reading this thread it seems there is no point in going with the 7.5 amp?
I just bought and installed the 5.0 last week. I also had the Ballistic and hated starting it in the cold! I’ve only started it 2 times since the Speedcell install in the 40s and it fires right up no problem. So far it’s worth it just being able to start the bike when I want and not standing there for 5 mins messing around.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts