Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 R1
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice or answers?
So I have a 2012 R1 with FTECU quickshifter and flashed by xplane tuning previous by SBU but heard better things with Xplane, my quickshifter works fine going through low-mid range rpms through all the gears, but if I open it up at high rpms 1-3 shifts fine, I run into the problems from 3/4-6 where I tried to use the quick shifter the engine seized and slams me into the windscreen, I replaced the clutch basket, clutch plates and shift shaft assembly maybe about 2,000 miles ago can it be the kill times of the flash making it not shift under high rpms? And sometimes it get stuck in gear when downshifting blipping just need advice or answers?

·
Super Moderator
24,484 Posts
Go back to SBU flash!

·
Registered
2012 R1
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go back to SBU flash!
Yeah I was thinking that might be the problem is the tune, but now sometimes the bike doesn’t want to shift, I don’t know how to fix it but I know it has something with push and pull sensor and sensitivity

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,627 Posts
So.... do you have an autoblip system? Like a cabs or translogic? The 12 does not have the ability to do blip in the ECU, because you seem to be implying this.

Have you asked Nick? I doubt that his kill times would be that off.

If you unplug the qs sensor an and qs with the throttle yourself does it get stuck? Or clunk hard? And same for when you blip and use the clutch going back down?

·
Registered
2012 R1
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I’m not implying autoblip, I know that the bike doesn’t have autoblip, but it’s on and off like shifting up with the quick shifter after third gear makes a hard clunk noise but it doesn’t happen all the time I don’t know if it’s the sensitivity of the push and pull sensor but most of the time it’s sounds like a hard shift, but when I’m going fast on the throttle after 3rd gear I have to do a clutchless shift like just letting off the throttle a small bit to shift to 4th and the higher gears, I’m not if the kill times are a bit longer in the higher gears but that what I have to do at higher rpms to shift

·
10,627 Posts
Well which is it? Push or pull sensor? You doing gp shift or standard shift? The sensors typically used for the ECU based qs are not bidirectional.

·
10,627 Posts
I understand what you are describing. I am asking you questions to help you debug. Please answer my question in my last post.

·
10,627 Posts
And you only have the one sensor on the linkage, right?

Also, the linkage is adjusted correctly? I.e. 90 degrees at each pivot.

·
Registered
2012 R1
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And you only have the one sensor on the linkage, right?

Also, the linkage is adjusted correctly? I.e. 90 degrees at each pivot.
That’s what I was getting at as well, I’m not sure if it’s 90 degrees on both linkage but I know the top one is but the bottom seems to be a smaller degree just how the shifter sits

·
10,627 Posts
At low load the bike will shift without the sensor working.... it's almost like your sensor isn't working.

I would check your ground and the sensor with a continuity tester, all the way back to battery negative.

·
Registered
2012 R1
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mean it works fine shifting through 1st- 3rd at high rpms the problems come in at the higher gears

·
10,627 Posts
Call Nick then? Maybe your bike just need longer kill times at higher RPMs?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts