Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2013 R1 that won't start. After a lot of troubleshooting I think I have it narrowed down to an issue with the fuel pump not keeping the pressure up. I hooked a pressure gauge to it and it puts out 50psi when I initially turn the key. It also primes when I run the diagnostics. The injectors spray for a brief second when I try to start it but then the fuel pressure drops and there is no longer enough pressure to force gas through them. If I turn the key while holding down the starter button the bike will sputter for a brief second until the pressure drops.

Essentially, the fuel pump primes for a few seconds when I turn the key but then doesn't turn on again even when the pressure is gone. There are no errors in the diagnostics.

What are the two power sources to the fuel pump for? The white one seems to always have 12v when the key is on and the and the green one only seems to have 12v at certain times.

Thanks
J

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It turned out to be the tip over sensor. Even though the diag passed the values at D1:08 put it as overturned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts