Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got a 2011 r1 the bike was stolen and I got it back and now it won't start I've went through all the common things such as neutral switch side stand all those things...my fuel pump won't prime so I run it direct to 12 v and it turns on I can get it to pop n bang n try to start sometimes for a few seconds when giving it throttle it raps up and dies I've been reading forums and a lot of guys buy a new ecu and it don't solve the issue...also on the fuel pump relay there are two empty slots where wires SHOULD b cuz there's pins in the relay side where wires SHOULD O be.. any ideas of what two wires are missing

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the harness doesn't have wires that go there so next step.. error code 60 I replaced fuses...still cranks but wont start...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So the wires were cut so I bought the harness used for race bikes that eliminated using a key it's plug n play so I'm not sure which harness you are referring to

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HELP IM GOING NUTS !! what's wrong with it!! Also this bike sAT for years ..I had to use that kit yo fix the gas tank . New fuel pump..ran good...got it back out a new starter relay..ran ok but had trouble starting..had to push start daily..put the key elimination harness on it.. everything ok...but now it won't start ..pump don't prime . ..everyone in a while it will fire ...n due real quick but usually just a crank with no holes if it starting ..

·
Registered
373 Posts
Error code 60 means there's a problem with the connection to your throttle bodies, your throttle bodies are shot, or your battery has been connected backwards at some point, and your etv fuse is blown. Troubleshoot that, and get a used stock harness off eBay. The broken sensor you pictured is your oil level sensor. Replace that, though it shouldn't stop the bike from starting.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The broken sensor you pictured is your oil level sensor. Replace that, though it shouldn't stop the bike from starting.
I am not correcting you, but I have a feeling it could prevent it from starting. Other brands it does.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,751 Posts
According to the wiring diagram the oil level sensor goes directly to the cluster....and not the ECU...so it will not stop the engine from starting....

Solve the Err-60 first.

Reactions: 1202067

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,356 Posts
Got the coupons on the fridge n boulder holder hang drying.

This thread is legit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Venom X/O
24,675 Posts
Got the coupons on the fridge n boulder holder hang drying.

This thread is legit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
And with the size of those cups, nice job OP

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I’m always skeptical of poster like this. Could be the thief himself trying to fix his mess and start the bike without a key or could be the buyer of a stolen bike.
Ya other than I dont steal bikes n ill k$!! Any mofo I catch stealing i got the title to mine in my wallet but I hear yih no harm no foul

1 - 20 of 72 Posts