Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Are there other fuses besides tge 50 amp. And the two boxes under tge seat??
That's awesome! Reminds me of when my dad dumped his bike in the living room, dropped the oil on the carpet and rebuilt the engine in the bathtub.
So I replaced etv fuse side 60 is gone...now theres a high pitched whining noise under air box
According to the wiring diagram the oil level sensor goes directly to the cluster....and not the ECU...so it will not stop the engine from starting....

Solve the Err-60 first.
Solved err 60 thx now high pitched noise from under air box still wont start

·
Registered
306 Posts

What I found in the 09-14 r1 manual. Where it calls out the ECU on yours I've got some relays and stuff (it's all a bundle from a yard sale on mine, so I just kind of have it zip tied and stuffed in there). My ecu is under the seat. Best help I can give you bud, wish I had more.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My experience with the high pitched whine has been when using a wrong harness/ecu combo (09-11 ecu, 12-14 harness). The electrical gurus in the place will know more..

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,752 Posts
The whine is the throttle bodies working and doing thier thing....that is a good thing.....Listen closely to this right after the first fuel pump prime (at about the 4 second mark).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Is the high pitched whine constant and unending, or just for a short while? If it's the latter, it's as tad158 says. If it goes on and on and doesn't stop until you turn off the ignition, there's a problem.

·
10,752 Posts
The servo on the throttle body makes a very high pitch noise at all times it is the ETV servo. If I were near my bike I would shoot a video to prove it. Here is a way to test it, and to prove it to your self that your ETV is working.

Turn the key on, let the fuel pump prime (or not in your case). Then listen to the whine. Open the throttle all the way. The noise should change with you moving the throttle. If you want to test the throttle body, use diagnostic mode D1 and D2 will show the TPS and APS sensor values respectively. Tell us what the values are for both of those at closed and wide open throttle, so that we can check that this is working now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The servo on the throttle body makes a very high pitch noise at all times it is the ETV servo. If I were near my bike I would shoot a video to prove it. Here is a way to test it, and to prove it to your self that your ETV is working.

Turn the key on, let the fuel pump prime (or not in your case). Then listen to the whine. Open the throttle all the way. The noise should change with you moving the throttle. If you want to test the throttle body, use diagnostic mode D1 and D2 will show the TPS and APS sensor values respectively. Tell us what the values are for both of those at closed and wide open throttle, so that we can check that this is working now.
I checked diag 1 n 2 it's within the mark 1.1 and the whine changes as throttle opens

·
10,752 Posts
Good that means the ETV is working properly!

Now... is the bike in neutral? Does the neutral light illuminate on the dash? Does the clutch switch wire look intact? Side stand switch wires?

Reactions: 1202067

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Now... is the bike in neutral? Does the neutral light illuminate on the dash? Does the clutch switch wire look intact? Side stand switch wires?
Bike on rear stand in neutral lights ON clutch wires look good side stand wires missing

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

I think it's by passed theres a 2 wire black plug on shifter side of bike that has no plug with wires spliced together

·
10,752 Posts
Check that they are actually spliced...

·
10,752 Posts
Also post a picture of the dash with the key on. I want to see all the lights and status and such.

·
10,752 Posts
It should prime with the bike in neutral no matter the state of that switch.

Hmmmm...

If you hot wire the pump, does the bike run?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Hmmmm...

If you hot wire the pump,

Hmmmm...

If you hot wire the pump, does the bike run?
So that's where I was at before the forum...it would...start pop n die ..never woujd it start n idle...I'd have to throttle to get it to start then it would rap up to about 6 grand b die n I kept playing with it like that trying to get it running long enough to get it to idle.....if I spray starting fluid it runs until I stop spraying

·
10,752 Posts
Error codes?

21 - 40 of 73 Posts