Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It should prime with the bike in neutral no matter the state of that switch.

Hmmmm...

If you hot wire the pump, does the bike run?
Its 100 percent a fuel delivery problem but I think k it starts with the fuel pump..being brand new...n not having power to it..side stand up in neutral. Key on kill switch in run position. It never gets power...I checked the wire before the relay...nothing ..at the pump..nothing.. fuses new ..new twice for good measure

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,752 Posts
Trace the power wire at the relay back to main 12v power. It must be cut somewhere.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Is the motor actually cranking had to push start it the last 30 days before it was stolen on most occasions s to get it to start.

Trace the red wire from relay to fuse box??
So it goes from the relay down to where the ECU as it doesn't go to the fuse Box really down the side of the bike towards the front the fuel pump red wire and then the main and power wire for the relay runs that way as well there is no ground wire coming out of my relay is that normal ground wires don't go to relays right

·
10,752 Posts

13 is the fuel pump relay.....

The solid red wire is the power wire for the fuel pump. It is protected by fuse 8. The blue yellow wire comes from the ECU to ground the relay. The coil side of the relay is powered by the red black wire which comes from the engine stop switch. The stop switch pulls power from the ignition fuse 94. The ignition fuse gets its power from the stop switch....which you have bypassed with the woodcraft kit. Check all of that line....

Of other interesting note.....the injectors are powered with that same red blue wire....so that is probaly why you are not able to keep it running.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So it goes from the relay down to where the ECU as it doesn't go to the fuse Box really down the side of the bike towards the front the fuel pump red wire and then the main and power wire for the relay runs that way as well there is no ground wire coming out of my relay is that normal ground wires don't go to relays right
So I don't know what this means but I ran the hot wire from the fuel pump to the 12 V battery turns on works wine I decided to run it to the fuse Box so that when I turn on the key then engages the fuel pump that way gets the power from like the Ignition fuse or one of the other fuses but when I do that the relay starts ticking like I can't run the hot wire to anything other than the battery if I do Really ticks
20201225_220223.jpg
so this is the relay correct? The big red wire goes into the fuse box..right? And the red with blue wire leaves the relay and goes to ecu

·
10,752 Posts
Re-read my post. I added more info.

·
10,752 Posts
Also there are no wires missing from that connector. There are designed to be 3 empty spots.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
View attachment 1016826

The solid red wire is the power wire for the fuel pump. It is protected by fuse 8. The blue yellow wire comes from the ECU to ground the relay. The coil side of the relay is powered by the red black wire which comes from the engine stop switch. The stop switch pulls power from the ignition fuse 94. The ignition fuse gets its power from the stop switch....which you have bypassed with the woodcraft kit. Check all of that line....

Of other interesting note.....the injectors are powered with that same red blue wire....so that is probaly why you are not able to keep it running.
Dang thank you...I can FEEL it your on to it now...so...let me ask u this so u don't check nothing off that isn't correctly looked at...I'm gonna trace the red n blue wire from the relay....to?? Next the red wire ..is obviously bringing the power so it's good right?? Then I need to trace the blue n yellow from big cluster on ecu to ground relay..where is ground relay I found this but no blue n yellow in there
16089598386902974450986886539599.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
View attachment 1016826

Dang thank you...I can FEEL it your on to it now...so...let me ask u this so u don't check nothing off that isn't correctly looked at...I'm gonna trace the red n blue wire from the relay....to?? Next the red wire ..is obviously bringing the power so it's good right?? Then I need to trace the blue n yellow from big cluster on ecu to ground relay..where is ground relay I found this but no blue n yellow in there View attachment 1016828
16089599418398897820483431943956.jpg

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm just going to mention that running a motor on starting fluid can wash the oil off the rings and ruin the cylinder.
So that's where I was at before the forum...it would...start pop n die ..never woujd it start n idle...I'd have to throttle to get it to start then it would rap up to about 6 grand b die n I kept playing with it like that trying to get it running long enough to get it to idle.....if I spray starting fluid it runs until I stop spraying

·
10,752 Posts
Check that you are getting 12v on the red black wire going into the fuel pump relay circuit with the stop switch on and key on.

Should be this wire...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Dang thank you...I can FEEL it your on to it now...so...let me ask u this so u don't check nothing off that isn't correctly looked at...I'm gonna trace the red n blue wire from the relay....to?? Next the red wire ..is obviously bringing the power so it's good right?? Then I need to trace the blue n yellow from big cluster on ecu to ground relay..where is ground relay I found this but no blue n yellow in there View attachment 1016828 View attachment 1016829
Hey everyone the bike started at idols everything's good no codes but as soon as I twist the throttle it dies and then ill start right backup I twist the throttle it dies what is that from how do I fix it I'm Jones in for a ride please help me

·
10,752 Posts
There may still be a code in D60 and D61?

Also check this that the FP runs when the CEL is off.

·
10,752 Posts
Did you do this?

Why did you start another thread. We are still here to help.

·
10,752 Posts
Yes, but use D50 to cycle the fuel pump on and off check that the ecu is actually signaling the pump to turn on.

The blue yellow wire in the relay connector is coming from the ecu as the signal wire.

Reactions: 1202067

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Apologize for the new thread ..so figure out where the power is lost correct? Check the wire goin to rea
Yes, but use D50 to cycle the fuel pump on and off check that the ecu is actually signaling the pump to turn on.

The blue yellow wire in the relay connector is coming from the ecu as the signal wire.
So what is d 50? And I'm checking the wire with volt meter?

·
10,752 Posts
Go into diagnostic mode and go to d50. With the kill switch in the run position it will cycle the fuel pump on and off.

You need to have 12v on that red and blue wire I circled in the picture above that should be constant on when the key is on, and blue yellow wire should probably have 5v (but only when the ecu calls for the fuel pump to be on) so you should use d50 to test that signal wire.

Reactions: 1202067

·
10,752 Posts
41 - 60 of 73 Posts