Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Go into diagnostic mode and go to d50. With the kill switch in the run position it will cycle the fuel pump on and off.

You need to have 12v on that red and blue wire I circled in the picture above that should be constant on when the key is on, and blue yellow wire should probably have 5v (but only when the ecu calls for the fuel pump to be on) so you should use d50 to test that signal wire.
So check this out the pin in the ecu has power but the wire one inch outside the connection dont...4 wires in the relay blue n yellow included have no powered blue included...the green connectors going to injectors 7 wires in total all dead but green n white

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
If the pin coming out of the ECU has power that means that ECU is good right but 1" down the that same wire connected to that pin has no power it's just the connection right there right and also on the relay the slide where the blue and yellow wire is those 4 wires consecutively have 0 power

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,752 Posts
Test continuity down each wire from end to end to find the break.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Test continuity down each wire from end to end to find the break.
I'm confused...which wire ..each of them?? And there is power coming OUT of the ecu...but one inch from that pin inside the ecu the wire has no power.....is the wires goin into the ecu on the big harness going to have power from the ecu or r they takin power to it? ..which wire powers all them? The signal wire blue with yellow has no power the red.. with blue no power ...like I cant text continuity on some of them cuz from relay to ecu nothin..then I pull the plug on ecu n check the third oin down to the left...it hgv as power...that's the red wires pin. ?

·
Venom X/O
24,688 Posts
I'm confused...which wire ..each of them?? And there is power coming OUT of the ecu...but one inch from that pin inside the ecu the wire has no power.....is the wires goin into the ecu on the big harness going to have power from the ecu or r they takin power to it? ..which wire powers all them? The signal wire blue with yellow has no power the red.. with blue no power ...like I cant text continuity on some of them cuz from relay to ecu nothin..then I pull the plug on ecu n check the third oin down to the left...it hgv as power...that's the red wires pin. ?
You need to test the harness. If the wire has a break, it doesn’t matter how close or far the test is, it won’t show power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
You need to test the harness. If the wire has a break, it doesn’t matter how close or far the test is, it won’t show power.
I get that my ? Is ...the power coming out of the ecu??? Or going to it cuz theres mo power at relay I traced the line from relay to ecu no breaks..as soon as I get to connector..the inside of it where it touches pin inside ecu it gets 11
V

·
10,752 Posts
View attachment 1016826

13 is the fuel pump relay.....

The solid red wire is the power wire for the fuel pump. It is protected by fuse 8. The blue yellow wire comes from the ECU to ground the relay. The coil side of the relay is powered by the red black wire which comes from the engine stop switch. The stop switch pulls power from the ignition fuse 94. The ignition fuse gets its power from the stop switch....which you have bypassed with the woodcraft kit. Check all of that line....

Of other interesting note.....the injectors are powered with that same red blue wire....so that is probaly why you are not able to keep it running.
The ecu switches ground..... you need to follow all the wires on this diagram that come into and out of the relay harness.

·
10,752 Posts
With the fuel pump relay plugged in and using d50 does the fuel pump run when the cel is out?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
With the fuel pump relay plugged in and using d50 does the fuel pump run when the cel is out?
my GOD PLEASD HELP SO EVERYTHING ..FUEK OUNO_WORKS...IT PRIMES INLLLLLLL BUT I HAVD TO HIG IT WITH HEAVY SHOT OF STARTIM FL...N ITLL FINNA KN Y ATART..BURN UO THMMM
So its okay...!! But HELP so its priming when I switch it on ..servo good new battery no codes cranks n I can get it to fire with starting fluid...but it wolf idle it won't rap out ..throttle 8 times out of 10 immediately kills it...I 5hink the fuel pump is turning on and priming but not keep fuel moving to and out the inje tors..so it's the same problem as day one I just fixed a short...and the fuel pump turns on with out celon diag 50. The/ /t

·
10,752 Posts
Can you edit that to make that easier to read?

Reactions: jgreen

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yes so the problem is fixed the fuel pump primes and I turn on the key everything works as it's supposed to the Ace L is off and on D50 and it works it works another diagnostic mode as well I can figure out what is causing their fuel pressure to drop or why it cannot get fuel the state flowing fuel pump The pressure regulator or if the injectors are clogged does that tell you and diagnostics when it says the injector PSI heard that before after their exit thank you

61 - 73 of 73 Posts