Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, this is my problem i was reinstalling my vortex gas cap when i dropped a bolt in my gas tank. so i proceeded to take my tank off and drain all the fuel and try and get the bolt out by turning it over but to no avail. so i take out the fuel pump. while im taking the fuel pump out a metal piece that looks like a funnel popped off. so i take out the whole thing and find that the piece just snaps on. so i snap the peice back on and put the pump back in and reinstall my tank. i fill her bak up with new fuel and now when i turn on my key my pump makes a wierd whinning sound? the whole time its running you can hear the pump making a whistle noise? anybody expereinced this? or had the peice come off in the tank? also my tank has a few small dents in it so im looking to buy one for an 05 raven. if anyone is selling let me know. thanks in advance.

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont think i put the piece back on wrong because it snappes back in place... its likr a metal nozzle that sticks out a little from the actual pump.

·
the R1 made me do it
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
diesel!?! no thats for sure. ill try that the bike runs fine just makes a noise like its blowing bubbles or something

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.