Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:jump I think this is one of the coolest kits yet! :jump

Just found a source to get my hands on one of these kits! They are made from Carbon-Kevlar (not CF), and are available in 3 different colored weaves (Yellow, Red or Blue).. Now I am torn between the Yellow C-Kevlar or the Blue C-Kevlar kits...

Anyone else is interested? Maybe we can get a group buy going?

:boom ~ Orange

Attachments

· ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,312 Posts
how much....?? Im curious...

For me to walk in off the street... what would they say they want for one of those kits...?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yammiebender said:
how much....?? Im curious...

For me to walk in off the street... what would they say they want for one of those kits...?
I am in the midst of negotiation with these chaps. My pals with some Honda Club are tying up a group buy for their Kevlar bonnets / hoods.. So now they are trying to do the same for me, just that my pals are alll over the place.. :eek:

But I do believe that they are selling the entire 17 pieces to end-users at US$ 3,200 or so.. I am hoping that we can break the set up to get the individual pieces... I am still waiting for more pixes from them. Will post them on when i have them! :D

· Cheating death in the "D"
21,182 Posts
OrangeSportz said:
I am in the midst of negotiation with these chaps. My pals with some Honda Club are tying up a group buy for their Kevlar bonnets / hoods.. So now they are trying to do the same for me, just that my pals are alll over the place.. :eek:

But I do believe that they are selling the entire 17 pieces to end-users at US$ 3,200 or so.. I am hoping that we can break the set up to get the individual pieces... I am still waiting for more pixes from them. Will post them on when i have them! :D
You wouldn't by chance be talking to Barrie at Carbon Specialties would you ??

21,182 Posts
OrangeSportz said:
No I am not talking to them... what about Carbon Specialties? Tell me more...
If your familier with Dynomites CF, then you've seen Carbon Specialties work, they mold the parts for Dynomite, then Dynomite finesses them & sells them under there name :yesnod

Just thought maybe Carbon Specialties branched out on their own with a line of colored CF :yesnod

21,182 Posts
OrangeSportz said:
Hehehehe... The manufacturers and distributors are based in Asia... just drop them a line and see what they can do... [email protected]

Keep us up-dated as well! :sneaky
What I don't understand is the pics (in your links)(karan_kok) of the all CF 02 R1 are forum member "Scrappy's" bike, which he had built by Dynomite, and the CF that Dynomite uses is actually manufactured by Carbon Specialties . . .

. . . so why the false advertising, showing a bike built by Dynomite and CF manufactured by UK based Carbon Specialties :yesnod

That is why I asked you if you were talking to Barrie Lever from Carbon Specialties in my above post :yesnod

Your contacts may make import car hoods, but the pics of Scrappy's bike are not their product, I'd advise checking these facts out 1st., something smells fishy here :yesnod

In fact, Scrappy's bike now has the supercharger system on it, so its different looking than that older pic (different lowers to accomadate the supercharger) :yesnod

· Clearin' leather...
2,089 Posts
I'd be interested in CF mids if this goes through. Replace the flat black mids on my 03 with CF, am I serious? TOO SICK!!!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rorlow said:
What I don't understand is the pics (in your links)(karan_kok) of the all CF 02 R1 are forum member "Scrappy's" bike, which he had built by Dynomite, and the CF that Dynomite uses is actually manufactured by Carbon Specialties . . .

. . . so why the false advertising, showing a bike built by Dynomite and CF manufactured by UK based Carbon Specialties :yesnod

That is why I asked you if you were talking to Barrie Lever from Carbon Specialties in my above post :yesnod

Your contacts may make import car hoods, but the pics of Scrappy's bike are not their product, I'd advise checking these facts out 1st., something smells fishy here :yesnod

In fact, Scrappy's bike now has the supercharger system on it, so its different looking than that older pic (different lowers to accomadate the supercharger) :yesnod

:machinegu I should be shot for using Scrabby's bike... but can you tell him that I love his bike to bits? It was because of this pix my pals sent to me that made me change to an R1... Sorry if that had caused confusion...

Scrabby's bike's in full CF... So I showed this picture to the manufacturers and I asked them to build me a mean Kevlar kit that looks like Scrabby's....

In fact, I am convinced that these guys are serious about their work.. I got my sample piece in 7 days! I've checked the workmanship, and seriously, I'd think Dynomite needs to watch out for these guys.. But then again.. they are making Carbon-Kevlar, not Carbon Fiber

Friends, word is on the road that Kevlar is the hottest word on the tracks! ...:rock

And I've managed to gather 5 orders to get a good deal from these guys... I am already counting down to the day that the package will arrive at my doorstep!

I have attached some pictures from these guys... these are apparently for Buell...

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.