Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hold On
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have most guys done with their EXUP motor/servo after installing a full exhaust system? Do you remove it and live with the engine code, leave it on, buy one of those electronic gadgets that fakes out the ECU into thinking the motor is still there? And what have most guys done with the O2 sensor? I would prefer to take the sensor out and have one less piece of metal sticking in the exhaust flow. I've unplugged it, but it doesn't appear that I can pull the electrical connector (that I disconnected) through the small gap in the frame. Do I have to cut the wire to get it out?

·
D BOSS
66 Posts
What have most guys done with their EXUP motor/servo after installing a full exhaust system? Do you remove it and live with the engine code, leave it on, buy one of those electronic gadgets that fakes out the ECU into thinking the motor is still there? And what have most guys done with the O2 sensor? I would prefer to take the sensor out and have one less piece of metal sticking in the exhaust flow. I've unplugged it, but it doesn't appear that I can pull the electrical connector (that I disconnected) through the small gap in the frame. Do I have to cut the wire to get it out?
You have to leave the exup motor connected, all you have to do is to remove the steel cables that connect the motor to the exup. The motor should remaine connected... For the O2 yes remove it, just follow the wire, lift the tank and disconnected from the plug.

·
Hold On
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O2 ...It is unplugged, I was asking if you can remove the section from the electrical plug (under the tank) to the sensor (on the exhaust) without having to cut the wire. On my bike it doesn't appear that I can't pull the wire through the small opening in the frame with out the electrical plug snagging on the frame(opening not big enough). I want to take that whole section off of the bike. I don't plan on screwing the sensor back in the exhaust

EXUP.... my cables have been removed. Just wondering if most guys leave the motor on to avoid the engine code or do they just live with the engine code showing all the time. There is also some contraption (I think it begins with a "S") that allows you to take off the EXUP motor and it fakes the ECU into thinking that the EXUP motor/servo is still connected. Just wondering what most guys do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.