Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a akra full exhaust and the can is crached pretty bad right on the middle. I plan on cutting the bad end off and re-rivetting the exhaust side back on. The can will be half as long as original. What I want to know is how many people have done this and how loud does the bike get. My r1 with a devil slipon sound nice and deep and isnt too loud. I dont want an annoying sounding bike. R1s sound good usually no matter what exhaust they have but I have never seen one with a shorty. Thanks Also if anybody can lead me in the right directions with do`s and dont`s on cutting the carbon fiber can please feel free to save me from messing things up.

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
Mine came from arata like this probrably not as short as yours will end up. Sounds great deep and not nearly as loud as my 06 with baffles. I lost 11 lbs for my previous exhaust system those stock headers are heavier than the frame it seems. I saw a post where someone cut down their pipe last month try the search if nobody answers

·
Registered
97 Posts
yea was planning on getting sliders, but it seems the only way to go is to have to cut the fairing. no-cut sliders for early R1's are weak I think

everything on your bike is tastefully done,

I like how the Gregg's Custom LEDs fit into your bike

·
AFTERHELLBURNER
1,725 Posts
Thanks, yeah I would not trust the no cut slider the stock turn signal gives better protection. If you do cut the fairing do it the right way and put silly putty on the fairing to mark where the bolt is, not yeah that looks about right

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.