Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys , i got an arrow full system. its 4-2-1 and its killing the low end power .
i read ivans website and it says that his jets wont solve the problem for 4-2-1 systems , is there a way to bring back the low end?

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i never rode a bike with an akra system , so , changing it to akrapovic 4-1 with ivans jets will bring the low end to normal?

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no matter what full system you put on a 98-01 R1 you are going to loose low end power and smoothness, and often that ability to use large throttle openings at low rpm in a higher gear.

Thats the nature of these bikes.

I have done to many of these bikes to remember, as well as still owning and riding my own 00 R1 with the Ivans/Akra/air box MOJO equipped bike.
dang, no longer got the stock headers /exup :hammer:
will v-stacks help here?
thanx guys.

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm not going to switch to akra, just cause i want to solve this problem once and for all (and i dont wanna spend that kind of money :) )

i was thinking , why on the newer fi bikes this problem almost does not exist?
then i came to a conclusion :
i hope i'm right :crash

the lack of exup at lower rpms causes less mixture to enter the combustion chamber .
on a fi bike the cdi knows how much air has ebtered the cylinder , so it can compensate for it by adding the right amount of fuel and retard/advance the timing according to this.

now , on a carbed bike the only feedback the cdi is getting is rpm and tps ,so ,if u change the ammount of fuel/air that enters the cylinder the cdi doesnt getting any feedback whatsoever.
so, i was thinking ,maybe i can retard the timing at 1-4k rpm only to compensate for a lower ammount of mixture ,what do u guys think?
the electronics involved is not a big problem for me ,it will take me some time , but i'll be able to do it .
i just want to know if my theory sounds right,whatcha think?:)

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yup , i dont need bigger pilots. i need to let more air in.
i'll try the airbox mod, allready got k$n filter .
i'll write back when i'm done (it will take some time ,i'm removing the frame for powdercoating ...:) +installing 04-06 front end .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.