Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
NeeD 4 SpeeD
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yup , i dont need bigger pilots. i need to let more air in.
i'll try the airbox mod, allready got k$n filter .
i'll write back when i'm done (it will take some time ,i'm removing the frame for powdercoating ...:) +installing 04-06 front end .

·
Moderator - In Memorium
25,903 Posts
bigger pilots for an overly rich condition below 4k rpm?
That and the 41 mm FCRs... :confused:

Honestly, I'd stick to the EXUP on the carb'd bikes if not on the race track. You understand the tripple carburetion problems inherent with large cam overlap, but some people don't want to hear it when they are shopping for mods. I regret putting the full system on my FZR. I spend too much time every year tuning that bike, and having to adjust my riding to how it wants to deliver power in the low/mid range compared to how it did. :(

You hit the tune on the head earlier. Ivan did it well. I'm thinking about calling him since my carbs are off the bike right now (only put about 6k on this thing this year.... :chair: it's way below par right now)

·
Elbow down in the rain
149 Posts
I've done it with a factory pro jetkit, you basically lower the fuel level by adjusting the floats to lean the low rpms out and make the mains bigger to compensate. This was with the airbox mod and k&n.
The full details of how to do this are on the Factory Pro site. (you might read my testimonial there :) ) I've also had the full akra ivan setup running on the same bike and couldn't quite get the low end as clean but it certainly worked, possibly the uk bikes have slightly different jetting.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.